Iowa is 9.5 opening dog to Wisconsin

The last 4 wins for Iowa in Madison were:
2015, 2009, 2005 and 2003.

2015 Iowa team: 12-2 (Finished the season ranked #9)
2009 Iowa team: 11-2 (Finished the season ranked #7)
2005: Iowa team 7-5. (Finished unranked. This was the Mitch King game.)
2003: Iowa teams 10-3 (Finished the season ranked #8).

Iowa teams have to be REALLY good to win at Madison.

This past summer, I thought with new coaches at Wisconsin and expectations of an improved offense, that Iowa had no less than a 40% of winning this game.
This past summer, you could bet this game, with Wisconsin as a 4.5 point favorite.

Now, there is a reason why the over/under is 36 and Wisconsin is favored by 10.
The market is saying a 23-13 Wisconsin win.
Should have beat them in 2019. Bucky wasn't sharp that day. Still have nightmares about the two point conversion that should have been.

Just stop it already. I don't start to get hopeful until Thursday when the weekend is nearing.
And, this weekend, for me....will actually be in Iowa City to see my kid.
Traveling with my best mate from childhood who grew up 2 doors away from me here in STL.
His kid transferred there last year. We're road tripping.
I'm gonna be extra giddy approaching this weekend. So....let's not get ahead of ourselves on Tuesday.
Give me a few more days of dour grumbling with no chance of hope.
I'm going to be drunk. I know that much.

As usual I'll be the only Iowa fan at a gathering of about a dozen or so people.

They're down and we're down it would seem, overall in the scheme of college football. We have the better D, they have the better O. Game at their house advantage the prairie rodents. We have the secret weapon though, the newest Legend in the making, Deacon Hill. He has the intel, he has the initiative to show those boys what he's made of. From rags (first start) to riches kind of story. Many legend stories kinda start out like this, and being a Deacon puts you in the drivers seat by name that's for sure!

They're down and we're down it would seem, overall in the scheme of college football. We have the better D, they have the better O. Game at their house advantage the prairie rodents. We have the secret weapon though, the newest Legend in the making, Deacon Hill. He has the intel, he has the initiative to show those boys what he's made of. From rags (first start) to riches kind of story. Many legend stories kinda start out like this, and being a Deacon puts you in the drivers seat by name that's for sure!

Weasels