Iowa @ Iowa State (Basketball)

I found this one interesting

Frankly, I'm a little concerned about the state of CyclONE nation thinking we can only beat the Hawks due to our home court advantage this year. Give it a rest people, Iowa is BAD. They will feature, in large, the same NIT team they had a year ago. You think a year of experience has turned guys like Gessel or Clemons or Woodbury into All-Big 10 athletes? No way! Those 3 hit their ceilings already, much like Iowa seniors Devyn Marble and Melsahn Basabe did. I think a lot of Iowa's potential success comes down to the impact Jok/more so Uthoff, have on the offensive side of the ball. Otherwise, this is the same poor shooting, unathletic team that somehow beat an un-motivated Cyclone squad a year ago. Iowa State is still the better team, even on paper, in my book. Look for a 9-15 point win IMO.

3q681p.jpg

Everyone always thinks their team is the best but what they are saying is laughable. Hopefully Kane and Thomas doesn't disappoint since they have such high hopes for them.

More group think circle jerking from our friends over there. I imagined they had similar threads before the game last year and we all know how that turned out.

I know if I got handled easily by a team last year that returns almost everyone, and then lost 5 of my top players, I would be uber confident as well.

I know if I got handled easily by a team last year that returns almost everyone, and then lost 5 of my top players, I would be uber confident as well.

Lol, yep makes total sense to me. Those are probably the same guys that think square wheels are the way to go. I know Ames has been tough for us in the past but this year Iowa by ten easy barring injuries.......bite my tongue.

OHMYGOD! Fans are circle-jerking on their own forum! Alert someone. ANYONE!

But seriously, who the hell cares. It'll be a good game. I have ISU winning due to home court advantage and I like the match-ups for ISU. Now, flame away.

OHMYGOD! Fans are circle-jerking on their own forum! Alert someone. ANYONE!

But seriously, who the hell cares. It'll be a good game. I have ISU winning due to home court advantage and I like the match-ups for ISU. Now, flame away.

So much butt hurt right here.

Is that place real life? I read around a little bit over there and I think that state43 dude, would actually lick Allen Lazards testicles

I would say here is a list of the best players on the court in that game:

1) Marble
2) Niang
3) Tie: White and Ejim
4) Kane
5) Gessel
6) Woody
7) Clemmons
8) Basabe
9) Bubu
10) Olesani
11) McCabe
12) Ogelsby

I'm only ranking guys that have played high level D1 basketball. People can project all they want with Morris, Thomas, Jok, Uthoff, Bluford, Edozie, Walker, etc. Until they play we just don't know.

It seems that ISU fan is pretty confident that Thomas, Bluford, Edozie, Walker are all going to be great coming in. Iowa beat them handily last year, and ISU lost 5 of the 8 players that played in that game. If ISU fan thinks that Kane + Thomas + Walker + Bluford + Long will be better than Clyburn + Lucious + Babb + McGee then they are more delusional than I thought.

BTW Iowa lost 1 player that had 2 pts in that game from last year

I would say here is a list of the best players on the court in that game:

1) Marble
2) Niang
3) Tie: White and Ejim
4) Kane
5) Gessel
6) Woody
7) Clemmons
8) Basabe
9) Bubu
10) Olesani
11) McCabe
12) Ogelsby

I'm only ranking guys that have played high level D1 basketball. People can project all they want with Morris, Thomas, Jok, Uthoff, Bluford, Edozie, Walker, etc. Until they play we just don't know.

It seems that ISU fan is pretty confident that Thomas, Bluford, Edozie, Walker are all going to be great coming in. Iowa beat them handily last year, and ISU lost 5 of the 8 players that played in that game. If ISU fan thinks that Kane + Thomas + Walker + Bluford + Long will be better than Clyburn + Lucious + Babb + McGee then they are more delusional than I thought.

BTW Iowa lost 1 player that had 2 pts in that game from last year

Don't care to get into a ******* match, but there's no way that Hawk fans actually think that was a good ISU showing. It was probably top 5 worst games of the season for them. Meanwhile, Iowa was on fire. Now, I'm not trying to take credit away from Iowa, but that certainly wasn't the best out of ISU. I think that was very evident as the season wore on.

Don't care to get into a ******* match, but there's no way that Hawk fans actually think that was a good ISU showing. It was probably top 5 worst games of the season for them. Meanwhile, Iowa was on fire. Now, I'm not trying to take credit away from Iowa, but that certainly wasn't the best out of ISU. I think that was very evident as the season wore on.

Yeah based on that one game you would think Iowa was a really good defensive team especially against the 3, maybe the type of defensive team that finished 22nd in the nation in total defense and 11th in the nation in opponents 3 pt FG%.

What's that? Those were actually Iowa's stat rankings in those categories? Well maybe Iowa did have something to do with ISU playing poorly that night.

You are the worst of the ISU trolls because I don't think you are even trolling I just think you are ******* stupid.

That's basketball though Stewo. That's how #1 seeds in the NCAA tournament get knocked out early by teams that have no business beating them. Either way you have to give the winning team credit. In this case you have to give Iowa's defense credit for effectively shutting down a damn good Cyclone offense. Iowa State was a different team at the end of last season compared to when they played Iowa. I will honestly say I think Iowa State would have beat the Hawks had they met later in the year.

That's just how the game works though. Certainly so with Iowa State's reliance on the 3 ball. If they show up and have a bad shooting night there's a good chance they are going to struggle to get the W. Given what Iowa returns and what ISU loses I would give the nod to the Hawks this coming season. However, I think it will be a tight game and more than likely the winner will be the team who has the highest shooting percentage, most rebounds, and makes the least mistakes.

I think it was also evident that Iowa also got much better as the season went on. I think Iowa will be the better team next year, but ISU has a chance to be nearly as good. The thing that confuses me with ISU is I wonder how well they will mesh. You really don't know how great of a player DeAndre will be and also don't know how strong of a parameter defense you will have after losing Babb.

However, I think it will be a tight game and more than likely the winner will be the team who has the highest shooting percentage, most rebounds, and makes the least mistakes.

Also, I think whoever scores the most points has a good chance.

Yeah based on that one game you would think Iowa was a really good defensive team especially against the 3, maybe the type of defensive team that finished 22nd in the nation in total defense and 11th in the nation in opponents 3 pt FG%.

What's that? Those were actually Iowa's stat rankings in those categories? Well maybe Iowa did have something to do with ISU playing poorly that night.

You are the worst of the ISU trolls because I don't think you are even trolling I just think you are ******* stupid.

That last paragraph is perfect.

Latest posts