Iowa-Indiana prediction thread

We'll score a couple early but miss out on a chance at the end of the half. They'll be able to go up and down somewhat effectively but come up with only FG's.

Half time
Iowa 17
Ind 6

2nd Half - We'll go 3 and out on consecutive drives while Ind scores twice in quick fashion putting us down 20-17. The 4th quarter starts with Weisman busting out a long run followed by a CJB touchdown pass and a Ind turnover. We put another score on the board and pick one off during and Ind failed comeback attempt.

Final
Iowa 31
Ind 20

Weisman goes for 100+ yards
Rudock 8-13 82 yards passing 1 TD
CJB 9-15 135 yards passing 1 TD
KF 27 pieces of gum/ 1/2 steno pad of notes
ISU loses to Toledo

We'll score a couple early but miss out on a chance at the end of the half. They'll be able to go up and down somewhat effectively but come up with only FG's.

Half time
Iowa 17
Ind 6

2nd Half - We'll go 3 and out on consecutive drives while Ind scores twice in quick fashion putting us down 20-17. The 4th quarter starts with Weisman busting out a long run followed by a CJB touchdown pass and a Ind turnover. We put another score on the board and pick one off during and Ind failed comeback attempt.

Final
Iowa 31
Ind 20

Weisman goes for 100+ yards
Rudock 8-13 82 yards passing 1 TD
CJB 9-15 135 yards passing 1 TD
KF 27 pieces of gum/ 1/2 steno pad of notes
ISU loses to Toledo

Now that's a prediction! Way to bring some meat-n-taters to this bar-b-que!

I expect it to play out differently but respect your effort and hope you're a better seer than I am. We'll see at 2 pm this Saturday.

This is the week Jake hits his stride and leads the Hawks to a solid victory.

CJ will play sparingly... the defense will stuff Cole... Hawks win by 2 TDs.

24-21

flip a coin for who wins

We keep expecting things to be different, but we're five games into the season and our offense is horrible. To expect it all to just click and turn around...it's just unlikely.

I feel for Jake. The first incomplete pass on 3rd down or even worse, his first check down to Bullock or a TE for a 3 yard gain on 3rd and 7 will bring out the boo birds.

I think Jake is a good QB. I think he's playing in the wrong scheme and for the wrong coaches.

I see we are going to be on the loser channel esecpn u. Does anybody know who will be announcing the game.

The same two jokers that did the Pitt game.

I love the people counting on the extra week helping the Hawks, even though Kurt's record coming off a bye is something like 4-7.

It's far more important to the Iowa offense that Canzeri is healthy and remain that way than who is playing quarterback

He is the most overrated player in recent Iowa history. It is just baffling that some people consider him to be some kind of great football player.

Meanwhile, Weisman is like the 12th leading rusher in program history and like 6th or 7th in TDs.

Just baffling.

42-28 Indiana. High scoring game but I don't think we have the weapons to keep pace on offense. Or I could be wrong.

Depends on the QB situation, if Ruddock has a long leash and we have to suffer checks downs for 2 yards on 3rd and long we get beat badly 24-10. If Kirk has a quick hook and CJ get to come in I see the long ball working and us winning big 35-14.

He is the most overrated player in recent Iowa history. It is just baffling that some people consider him to be some kind of great football player.

Meanwhile, Weisman is like the 12th leading rusher in program history and like 6th or 7th in TDs.

Just baffling.

He is also currently picking up 3.3 YPC. Not good

Just baffling.

I think Canzeri has shown flashes of what he can do. I've yet to see him being used correctly or even once as the primary ball carrier for an entire game to prove what he can do. He reminds me a little of Tony Stewart although not as strong.

I can't decide. Iowa's anemic offense vs IU's screen door defense. Who will win? I don't know, but I'm pretty sure it will be ugly.

IU: beat Missouri lost to Bowling Green
UI: 4-1, but lost to jMcDonald's

Last edited:

Just baffling.

Not trying to be a wise-guy but perhaps its because canzeri actually can get to cutback lanes if he is healthy, which he clearly is not. If you look at some of Iowa's most productive backs under ferentz (betts, russell, young) these guys were excellent at finding the cutback lanes... and wiesmann clearly struggles with this.

Iowa D holds Who?-zures well below their game average scoring. But Iowa O coaching still can't figure it out.

Iowa 24
Indiana - 19

Iowa coaching does not use timeouts well in Q4. Indiana good use of timeouts provide them the last drive, which will be unsuccessful.

When Iowa is ahead, the offense plays for 53-55 minutes. Ferentz can't wait for the moment in the game where they just hand it off up the middle to kill the clock. On a good day, that happens at the 8:00 mark of the 4th quarter. I hope we don't see that against IU. They know how to score and if KF decides to sit on a lead, I'll be screaming at the TV. Just run the dang offense for the whole game for a change!!!

Latest posts