Iowa in with Percy Gibson per Rob Howe

Anytime I see a list of like 10-15 schools that a kid is considering I don't get too excited. Who knows what a 16-17 kid is thinking. Until aforementioned kid signs the dotted line -- nothing is a given ... In today's world of recruiting nothing is for certain.

I simply take it is Fran not wanting to wait around. Olaseni seems to want to take his time, and really wants an Oklahoma offer.

Do you think he makes the "Fran Face" when these kids are taking too much time?

fran-face-meme-generator-olaseni-dragging-his-feet-f-ck-it-we-ll-bank-the-scholly-e9f55b.jpg

Last edited:
Cyclone fans on here are such douches. I'm sure, or at least hope, these guys aren't an accurate representation of their fan base.

Also, I didn't say they were banking a scholarship because Olaseni was dragging his feet, I said that is why Iowa is also looking at Gibson.

Cyclone fans on here are such douches. I'm sure, or at least hope, these guys aren't an accurate representation of their fan base.

Also, I didn't say they were banking a scholarship because Olaseni was dragging his feet, I said that is why Iowa is also looking at Gibson.

It's a legit question. Fran has shown he's an emotional guy on the court. I wonder if it translates to recruiting, or does he keep the fire under control? Recruiting is a frustrating business. I imagine he gets pretty steamed dealing with these kids who change their minds at the drop of a hat.

Cartwright better not get hurt. This move is very Lick-esque with Marble playing the role of Tucker as the back up "point".

If Hubbard is one of the two, and the other is a big, I'd bet Hubbard backs up Cartwright, not Marble. Besides, if BC stays healthy, we're only talking 5-8 minutes per game. Hubbard could handle that, IIRC he played PG part of the time at Odessa.

I look forward to the days where we are all set for each class in November rather than scrambling in April-May.

This. An occasional foray for a player in the Spring is ok. But, if your hunting for key players in the Spring more years than not, that doesn't bode well.

By this logic no one would ever go to Duke, UNC, KU, UCONN, Texas, etc where the benches even have McDonalds AA's on them. T

There's a big difference in perception when comparing the bluebloods to ISU. That's how Duke/UNC/etc. rake in the top players, and how USC had 9 running backs that were 4-star or better on their depth chart a few years ago. There's just a difference when it comes to programs like that.

What are people arguing about this. It was a simple joke about ISU fans having unrealistic expectations for next year.

I don't think its inaccurate to say that he will be a tough get from ISU. Come on...if the situation was reversed and Fran just hired his primary recruiter we would all think he was Iowa's to lose.

I don't think its inaccurate to say that he will be a tough get from ISU. Come on...if the situation was reversed and Fran just hired his primary recruiter we would all think he was Iowa's to lose.

On one hand yes, but as others have stated, the kid is from MI and in the big ten he gets play close to home againsg Michigan, M-State and Ohio State (depending on where his family lives). Also all games are on BTN AND ISU is all about transfers, which doesn't sit well with high school kids. Different time, place, situation. All this fear / respect for ISU is comical IMO.

Latest posts