Iowa in with Percy Gibson per Rob Howe

Pony Up Boosters!?

By the way...

That comment was [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EaB69vv-iY"]NOT INTENDED TO BE A FACTUAL STATEMENT[/ame]

JMO but this is going to be a tough get for Iowa. Iowa State just hired his primary recruiter at Dayton as an assistant and now is going after both Henton and Gibson. That relationship will be tough to overcome

Not so fast. You have to think the opportunity to play against Michigan State and Michigan could drive this kid to Iowa.

Not that his family wouldn't enjoy road trips to Ames, Waco and Lubbock.

Not so fast. You have to think the opportunity to play against Michigan State and Michigan could drive this kid to Iowa.

And if Iowa State's roster is as stacked as Clones fan claim, how will Mr. Gibson ever see the court at ISU?

Never said that Iowa won't or can't get him. Just said it will be a tough get. Cornell Mann has recruited and build a relationship with Gibson for 2 years. He got a committment out of him to Dayton. That's a lot of ground for Fran to make up. That's all I am saying

Never said that Iowa won't or can't get him. Just said it will be a tough get. Cornell Mann has recruited and build a relationship with Gibson for 2 years. He got a committment out of him to Dayton. That's a lot of ground for Fran to make up. That's all I am saying

Dayton and the A10 have games a lot closer to his home for his family to attend and see him play, the Big 12 not so much, the Big 10 is in his back yard. I'm not saying Iowa will get him, but there are other factors involved here that you are overlooking.

Thanks for your concern.

By this logic no one would ever go to Duke, UNC, KU, UCONN, Texas, etc where the benches even have McDonalds AA's on them. T

Somebody failed Logic 101....you.

But I'll play. Many more players don't go to Duke, UNC, KU, UCONN and Texas than do go there. So it's perfectly clear that players prefer to go to schools where there isn't competition for playing time. ;)

And is ISU now in the same league as Duke, UNC, KU, UCONN and Texas? If so, will these schools be recruiting Mr. Gibson as well? If not, why would Mr. Gibson go to an inferior school to compete against what we're told is superior talent when he could go to an inferior school where he doesn't have to compete against superior talent?

So many questions arise when one tries comparing apples and oranges.

But I'll play. Many more players don't go to Duke, UNC, KU, UCONN and Texas than do go there. So it's perfectly clear that players prefer to go to schools where there isn't competition for playing time. ;)

And is ISU now in the same league as Duke, UNC, KU, UCONN and Texas? If so, will these schools be recruiting Mr. Gibson as well? If not, why would Mr. Gibson go to an inferior school to compete against what we're told is superior talent when he could go to an inferior school where he doesn't have to compete against superior talent?

So many questions arise when one tries comparing apples and oranges.

Wow! And you were complaining about the other guy's logic? The many more players argument is awesome in it's utter misunderstanding of statistics. The only players you can count in the number of players that do not go to one of these programs are kids that are actually offered by one of these programs. The others did not DECIDE to go elsewhere. There were forced to go elsewhere. Look at the number of kids that actually had offers to these programs and how many went to a school outside this list. The number will be very low.

As far as the question about if those teams play ISU? Well, Texas and KU do.

I see this as a sign that Olesani is out for UI.

I look forward to the days where we are all set for each class in November rather than scrambling in April-May.

I see this as a sign that Olesani is out for UI.

I look forward to the days where we are all set for each class in November rather than scrambling in April-May.

I simply take it is Fran not wanting to wait around. Olaseni seems to want to take his time, and really wants an Oklahoma offer.

QUOTE]
Huh???

Wow! And you were complaining about the other guy's logic? The many more players argument is awesome in it's utter misunderstanding of statistics. The only players you can count in the number of players that do not go to one of these programs are kids that are actually offered by one of these programs. The others did not DECIDE to go elsewhere. There were forced to go elsewhere. Look at the number of kids that actually had offers to these programs and how many went to a school outside this list. The number will be very low.

As far as the question about if those teams play ISU? Well, Texas and KU do.

A little slow on the uptake? Please note the winking emoticon. One ridiculous argument deserves another...