Iowa/Illinois line

I'm puzzled as to why there's still a bball game during the orange bowl.

Because Illinois probably didn't want to move it to the next night, if Iowa even asked to have it moved.

To get a game moved both schools have to agree to it, it isn't as simple as the conference stepping in and saying it is getting moved.

I'm puzzled as to why there's still a bball game during the orange bowl.

I would venture to guess that when the Bball schedule was made, probably well over a year ago, they were not able to see in to the future and predict that Iowa would be in the Orange Bowl for football...

Illinois is not very good this year. This will probably be their fans biggest game this season, because these jokers are not going to the tourney and they know it, even though they thought they would win the conference this year.

If you want a laugh, go over to their board and read about how they like Brandon Paul over John Wall.

And you enjoyed seeing them at home vs. Minnesota?? Imo, road or home, they look the same........terrible.

Illinois is not very good this year. This will probably be their fans biggest game this season, because these jokers are not going to the tourney and they know it, even though they thought they would win the conference this year.

If you want a laugh, go over to their board and read about how they like Brandon Paul over John Wall.

Not good? They almost, and should have beat the Zags.
And they beat Clemson on the road.

They also lack discipline, they play lazy, and their inside players are weak. Should have but didn't beat Gonzaga. Just like Clemson, they had to fall behind by 20 to even get in the game. McCamey has tons of talent but he just looks so uninterested.

Their so called impresive wins against NW and Clem. to me are not as significant as their horrible losses, which include Bradley, Georgia, a total whipping by Mizzou, and losing to Utah at home.

They also lack discipline, they play lazy, and their inside players are weak. Should have but didn't beat Gonzaga. Just like Clemson, they had to fall behind by 20 to even get in the game. McCamey has tons of talent but he just looks so uninterested.

Their so called impresive wins against NW and Clem. to me are not as significant as their horrible losses, which include Bradley, Georgia, a total whipping by Mizzou, and losing to Utah at home.

None of those losses were at home and all were against Top 150 teams.
Yes, they are sloppy and raw, but they are extremely talented.

They are a good team, they will make the tourney.

And they will slaughter iowa tomorrow night.....i hope the word "slaughter" makes the preview vlog :)

Slaughter,sure hope it's not that bad. Could be though.I hope Gary Barta is watching,probably not though. We all know where he is. Not real concerned about mens BB team right now. He will be however,after our Bowl game is over. Rather he likes it or not!

So getting beat by top 150 teams makes you a tournament team? Not likely. I doubt Bradley, Georgia or Mizzou goes to the tournament.

Georgia and Mizzou manhandled Illinois physically. I can't imagine what teams like Purdue and MSU will do to them. WHile they should handle Iowa just fine, they will be fighting Michigan for the title of 5th best team in the conference. They just do not have the toughness to handle the real teams in the Big 10.

If you think Illinois makes the tournament, just name the terms of your wager, and I'll probably take it.

Latest posts