Iowa/Illinois line

Well, regardless of the team names, I'd be willing to bet the B10 sends 5 teams to the tournament. So if they earn the "title" of the 5th best team in the conference...

So getting beat by top 150 teams makes you a tournament team? Not likely. I doubt Bradley, Georgia or Mizzou goes to the tournament.

Georgia and Mizzou manhandled Illinois physically. I can't imagine what teams like Purdue and MSU will do to them. WHile they should handle Iowa just fine, they will be fighting Michigan for the title of 5th best team in the conference. They just do not have the toughness to handle the real teams in the Big 10.

If you think Illinois makes the tournament, just name the terms of your wager, and I'll probably take it.

No, you are taking things out of context. Losing away from home to a Top 150 team doesn't hurt your resume as badly as if it were at home or to a Top 150+ team.

Missouri is in the Top 10 of the Pomeroy, they are solid.

You name the wager, I'll take it.

No, you are taking things out of context. Losing away from home to a Top 150 team doesn't hurt your resume as badly as if it were at home or to a Top 150+ team.

Missouri is in the Top 10 of the Pomeroy, they are solid.

You name the wager, I'll take it.

No, you are shifting the context. Frankly I don't care about your rankings and numbers and top 150 teams or whatever. I like to look at the scoreboard. The scoreboard says that Illinois went 8-5 out of conference, and they best team they played was #19 ranked Gonzaga.

Sorry, but I am not impressed. And I have watched a great deal of their games, and I don't see them getting any better. The only teams they can hang with are teams that cannot push around their bean pole post players. They do not have a dependable point guard right now, and their defense is lacking.

Also, if you look at their schedule, they are just set up to fail. The first half of their schedule is a joke, and the back end is murder. They play NW, Iowa, IU, and PSU all twice before Feb 3. Then they play all of the good teams on the back end. They will be lucky to get to 20 wins, and they will be lucky to win 3 of their last 8. Either way, unless they shape their ***** up reallllly fast, they will be exposed at the end of the season.

IMO they cant make this line high enough - this is going to be a bloodbath.

I will guess Illinois by 17 or 18.

thoughts?

What are you smoking???? Illinois sucks. They've lost 5 to teams that suck as bad as us.

This is a road win for us! Book it.. IA 69 IL 64

What are you smoking???? Illinois sucks. They've lost 5 to teams that suck as bad as us.

Wow i would love to bet you on this....what in the world has Iowa done to prove they can stay within 10 points on the road? I dont care how bad you say illinois is - i watched them beat Clemson on the road and almost beat Gonzaga. Thats enough for me

I cant tell if you're trolling or not. You have to be with that statement

@Georgia, @ Mizzou, Gonzaga, Utah and @ Bradley are their 5 losses.

One of the many reasons the bb game wasn't rescheduled is that it's on the Big Ten Network.

One of the many reasons the bb game wasn't rescheduled is that it's on the Big Ten Network.

Yeah I don't evern understand people asking about the game being rescheduled...

1. The game is not in Iowa City
2. The arena will be full
3. Illinois fans really don't have a vested interest in the Orange Bowl
4. The arena will be full
5. Illinois fans really don't have a vested interest in the Orange Bowl
6. The arena will still be full.

There is zero reason for the game to be rescheduled.

Yeah I don't evern understand people asking about the game being rescheduled...

1. The game is not in Iowa City
2. The arena will be full
3. Illinois fans really don't have a vested interest in the Orange Bowl
4. The arena will be full
5. Illinois fans really don't have a vested interest in the Orange Bowl
6. The arena will still be full.

There is zero reason for the game to be rescheduled.

Add in the fact that there are only about 8 iowa bball fans and there is really no reason it should be rescheduled.

Another reason... only a few hundred Hawk fans would be there if it was in IA City and if there wasn't the O Bowl. Nobody Cares!!!!!!!!!!

Illinois is not very good this year. This will probably be their fans biggest game this season, because these jokers are not going to the tourney and they know it, even though they thought they would win the conference this year.

If you want a laugh, go over to their board and read about how they like Brandon Paul over John Wall.

Hey Ghost, follow college basketball much? They have been up and down this year for sure. But, I haven't heard anyone predict a conference crown for them, not even their followers.

Hey Ghost, follow college basketball much? They have been up and down this year for sure. But, I haven't heard anyone predict a conference crown for them, not even their followers.

I like to read the Illinois basketball board, and to start the season, not only did they think they had a chance to compete for the conference title, but they also thought they were in the driver's seat to winning it all next year.

Latest posts