Iowa Hires Two New Football Coaches

Should we start calling you Carlos Mencia since you are so edgy with you racial opinions?

Should we start calling you dummy for saying facts are opinions?

1. Most good players in college football are black. FACT

2. Black players will feel more comfortable being recruited by black coaches. FACT

Get real.

FreedComanche

Davis won't be nearly as conservative when his coaches understand the system and are working with him, not against him. He won't be as conservative when he's got receivers that run a sub 4.7 40 and know how to catch. Or a starting running back who is actually on scholarship and fits his system.
What the hell does this even mean? Please explain to mean in detail how our WR and RB coaches were actively working to sabotage GD's brilliant and marvelous "system?" Since the running aspect of the O looked EXACTLY like every single Iowa offense since 2002, I'm gonna say that Erb wasn't hindering GD too much. How exactly was Soup, one of the most widely respected WR coaches in the country, destroying the vaunted and explosive GD offense? Would love an in-depth breakdown on that, but I'm willing to bet my season tickets for next year that you're not smart enough to do it.

I don't see anyone playing the race card here, simply pointing out facts. If you don't see the value and necessity of having a racially diverse staff, then I'm afraid I can't help you.

There's value in it, sure. There's a lot more value in having the best coaches we can get. Maybe these guys won't be better, IDK. But if, as a coach, you think they will be, then you should get them. Having what you feel is the best staff available trumps everything else.

Lets see, Iowa has just hired in two years, 2 coaches with rings and a few more with nfl AND more years coaching college ball than most people on here have been alive, yet somehow that is a bad thing?
Grow up. I expect recruiting will have a big time jump. I also can not argue with the bling and I dont think anyone here can and I know recruits like it as well.
As for CO, the cupboard was empty. You all think losing 1 good player out of Iowa is bad, try all the good players leave the state.

Big difference between pulling kids to TEXAS and pulling kids to lil' ol' Iowa. The $4 million man said so himself. In fact, he pretty much repeats it to the point where it's a built in excuse. If recruiting picks up, it will have absolutely nothing to do with Davis and "his" success at Texas.

Big difference between pulling kids to TEXAS and pulling kids to lil' ol' Iowa. The $4 million man said so himself. In fact, he pretty much repeats it to the point where it's a built in excuse. If recruiting picks up, it will have absolutely nothing to do with Davis and "his" success at Texas.

Geez... does being an Iowa football fan now mean I need to hate on everything related to the football program? Ya I cheer for the Hawks even though I don't agree with anything they are doing in Iowa City. That's all you hear around these boards anymore. Sadly I don't have a lot of hope for the next couple of years either, but I'm not gonna sit around and bash the players and coaches all day long. I'll at least let them try to prove they can turn it around on the field first.

Geez... does being an Iowa football fan now mean I need to hate on everything related to the football program? Ya I cheer for the Hawks even though I don't agree with anything they are doing in Iowa City. That's all you hear around these boards anymore. Sadly I don't have a lot of hope for the next couple of years either, but I'm not gonna sit around and bash the players and coaches all day long. I'll at least let them try to prove they can turn it around on the field first.

Welcome to the HN.com football board

Who is bashing the players?

Fyi, when you have a team that underperforms for a few years followed by a drop off in talent plus a 4-8 season, the natives tend to get restless and ***** (me included). That's human nature and you'd see this with any BCS team's fanbase.

FreedComanche

First of all I am not a KF apologist but the facts are he is here as long as he wants to be. Might as well get used to it.

I am of the opinion that KF tied the hands of Davis by trying to blend his style with Davis' and the compatibility is just not there. Davis' track record shows his offense can win.

Maybe KF has had a light-bulb moment and taking the handcuffs off Davis - hence the coach with a prior relationship with Davis.

That maybe the best thing Ive read about Davis on here.

It is not a fact that Kf gets to stay as long as he wants.

So what are the white kids suppose to do FREED. This is a dumb discussion. Who cares what color players or coaches are. They are all Black and Gold too me
When almost all of the good players are black, you gotta have black asst. coaches to recruit them. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize that a black player will feel more comfortable being coached by a black vs a white coach.

Oh wait. Nobody is supposed to admit this!!!!!!!!!!!!

FreedComanche

Who is bashing the players?

Fyi, when you have a team that underperforms for a few years followed by a drop off in talent plus a 4-8 season, the natives tend to get restless and ***** (me included). That's human nature and you'd see this with any BCS team's fanbase.

FreedComanche

Originally Posted by MJSCK

Davis won't be nearly as conservative when his coaches understand the system and are working with him, not against him. He won't be as conservative when he's got receivers that run a sub 4.7 40 and know how to catch. Or a starting running back who is actually on scholarship and fits his system.

I would say this ^ is bashing players.

Like I said in my post, I don't see a whole lot to be optimistic about for these next couple years either. I'm just saying the same exact crap is spewed in every thread by people who consider themselves Hawkeye fans. I understand being frustrated with what we've seen... trust me I've been incredibly frustrated as well. However, what is it that football players do? They play football right? What is it that football coaches do? They coach football right? Let's give these guys a chance to show what they can do before we crucify them. Just because other fanbases may or may not react the same doesn't mean it's right. It's exhausting.

And just an FYI... your racial rant is nothing short of stupid.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by MJSCK

I would say this ^ is bashing players.

Like I said in my post, I don't see a whole lot to be optimistic about for these next couple years either. I'm just saying the same exact crap is spewed in every thread by people who consider themselves Hawkeye fans. I understand being frustrated with what we've seen... trust me I've been incredibly frustrated as well. However, what is it that football players do? They play football right? What is it that football coaches do? They coach football right? Let's give these guys a chance to show what they are paid to do before we crucify them. Just because other fanbases may or may not react the same doesn't mean it's right. It's exhausting.

And just an FYI... your racist rant is nothing short of stupid.

Ok, most of your response was good. I would say most on here don't bash players, but apparently there are a few.

Thanks for slipping in the slam without any basis at all. It was not a rant and was not racist. The defintion of racism from MerriamWebster:

" a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race."

I don't believe any of that. I have never thought that one race was superior to another.

What a weak attempt on your part. Geez, just shut up if you are going to be so incoherent about things.

FreedComanche

I changed it to racial for you is that better? Racist wasn't the right word. I apologize for that. It is a racial rant, and I do believe it's a stupid one so I won't apologize for that.

I dont belive for one second Freed was being racist. I just think people need get past the whole race thing. Be it fans, coaches or players. I dont need anybody to explain it to me I have seen the whole thing up close and personal as I have a child of a different race than myself. Black and Gold Baby

I changed it to racial for you is that better? Racist wasn't the right word. I apologize for that. It is a racial rant, and I do believe it's a stupid one so I won't apologize for that.

Fair enough. And I'm glad you are free to believe what ever you like.

I'd like to explain a litte bit on the black player/black coaches thing.

a) If you are Alabama or really any top ten program year in and year out, I don't think it will matter much what color your coaches are. You are gonna get the best players every year because of your winning tradition.

b) I think all realize the truth that most good D-1A football players are black. Where do these good players come from? I have not done the research, but just connecting the dots, it would seem the majority (not all of course) come from the southern states and metro areas from around the country. So, it would be mostly accurate to believe that the majority (again, not all) of these good players grow up around mainly black people as there are more blacks in the south vs the north, and most big metro areas are populated mainly by black people.

c) If "b" is correct, it would make sense that those good players would be more comfortable around a black coach recruiting them vs a white coach. Think about it, they've grown up with black people and haven't been around whites much. How would it not make sense that they'd be more comfortable with a black coach?

FreedComanche

Latest posts