Iowa Hires Two New Football Coaches

Well what do you think Jon? Do think the offense that was run last year is going to get better because davis brings in his own guy? Do you not think the program is headed into a hole and that there has been nothing but bad news for what a year now? Is there any good news? The coaches that were let go, did they just stop doing their job last year? Or is kirk letting davis call most of the shots now?

See, that's a much better debate point vs trolling with Kirk Davis stuff

See, that's a much better debate point vs trolling with Kirk Davis stuff

The reason for the "kirk davis thing" is that Kirk is married to davis now. He wont get a do over if the davis offense doesnt work. By the looks of it he is forming the staff to what davis wants. Its not like the Kurt thing that is making fun of KF.

I dont know if you remember back to Iowas glory days? I used to call the staff the Kirkkennorm. Man I miss the kennorm part.

Yeah, you will: This is just ​stupid, unsubstantiated and totally circumstantial.

Are you suggesting Kirk has a problem with blacks in general or just has a problem with black coaches, specifically? See how stupid this is?

fixed it for ya

I'm generally more than happy to be critical of Kirk and I often find Jonny Website to be a homer but you guys have gone kooky. You were sick of stale Kirk and now that he's cleaned house to go in a new direction, you're cranky about how he's doing it.

You guys are like my wife. She says it's too cold so I turn the heat up and then she complains it's too hot. She says I don't discipline the kids so I drop the hammer and then she's griping how I'm mean to the kids.

Let's ride this Ferentz train and see where it takes us. Personally, I like the direction. Davis needed a familiar face to help him teach the system, which i expect will involve more exciting play with quicker players in space. Wilson sounds like a great man and recruiter but a so-so coach whose units seemed to struggle. Reid brings some great experience.

Let's see where it goes. Kirk isn't going anywhere for a couple of years so turn that frown upside down, campers.

I'm generally more than happy to be critical of Kirk and I often find Jonny Website to be a homer but you guys have gone kooky. You were sick of stale Kirk and now that he's cleaned house to go in a new direction, you're cranky about how he's doing it.

You guys are like my wife. She says it's too cold so I turn the heat up and then she complains it's too hot. She says I don't discipline the kids so I drop the hammer and then she's griping how I'm mean to the kids.

Let's ride this Ferentz train and see where it takes us. Personally, I like the direction. Davis needed a familiar face to help him teach the system, which i expect will involve more exciting play with quicker players in space. Wilson sounds like a great man and recruiter but a so-so coach whose units seemed to struggle. Reid brings some great experience.

Let's see where it goes. Kirk isn't going anywhere for a couple of years so turn that frown upside down, campers.

Yes people want change from a conservative lets try not to lose football team. Davis made it more conservative and now hes bringing in guys for him?

You think this is change? Kirk doesnt change. Watch his two minute drills or lack there of this year. Watch how many delay of games happen this year. Watch to see if they play for overtime this year instead of putting it away.

When your wife saids shes cold do you poor cold water on her? Do you shove her in a fire when she saids shes hot?

Davis won't be nearly as conservative when his coaches understand the system and are working with him, not against him. He won't be as conservative when he's got receivers that run a sub 4.7 40 and know how to catch. Or a starting running back who is actually on scholarship and fits his system.

Patience Danielson.

Let's ride this Ferentz train and see where it takes us. Personally, I like the direction. Davis needed a familiar face to help him teach the system, which i expect will involve more exciting play with quicker players in space.
Did you even watch Iowa play last year? I can think of dozens and dozens of adjectives to describe the offense, but "exciting" would not be one of them.

What do you think happened with KOK? This isnt a loaded question. Im not looking for you to answer in a certain way.

I thought Kirk may have shown him the door but after last season I now think KOK got sick of being the goat when he clearly wasnt.

it is looking more and more like that. i cannot believe that i have already, on several occasions, said out loud "I was KOK was still the OC."

Davis won't be nearly as conservative when his coaches understand the system and are working with him, not against him. He won't be as conservative when he's got receivers that run a sub 4.7 40 and know how to catch. Or a starting running back who is actually on scholarship and fits his system.

Patience Danielson.

So then what your saying is hold on and in three to four years when these recruits come through Iowa will be back to 7 win seasons? How much patience does one need in year 15 of Kirks tenure?

So if you fire Kirk, you've got three to four years for the new coach's transition anyway so why not give this crew a chance and some respect instead of paying a ridiculous buy-out. Kirk's a proven coach and so are the new guys, except maybe for Woods.

You can be ****** just for the sake of it, I guess, but I think the changes are necessary and a step in the right direction.

So if you fire Kirk, you've got three to four years for the new coach's transition anyway so why not give this crew a chance and some respect instead of paying a ridiculous buy-out. Kirk's a proven coach and so are the new guys, except maybe for Woods.

You can be ****** just for the sake of it, I guess, but I think the changes are necessary and a step in the right direction.

Kirk had his time for change. Iowa doesnt owe him anything. Hes nothing without Norm.

They owe him a lot, in the form of a multi-million dollar contract that boy wonder Barta put together.

...Or is kirk letting davis call most of the shots now?
First of all I am not a KF apologist but the facts are he is here as long as he wants to be. Might as well get used to it.

I am of the opinion that KF tied the hands of Davis by trying to blend his style with Davis' and the compatibility is just not there. Davis' track record shows his offense can win.

Maybe KF has had a light-bulb moment and taking the handcuffs off Davis - hence the coach with a prior relationship with Davis.

Lets see, Iowa has just hired in two years, 2 coaches with rings and a few more with nfl AND more years coaching college ball than most people on here have been alive, yet somehow that is a bad thing?
Grow up. I expect recruiting will have a big time jump. I also can not argue with the bling and I dont think anyone here can and I know recruits like it as well.
As for CO, the cupboard was empty. You all think losing 1 good player out of Iowa is bad, try all the good players leave the state.

Hahahaha really the race card? Why does it matter? This isnt a movie and I doubt Kirk davis is now only accepting apps from black coach because we full of whitey.

I don't see anyone playing the race card here, simply pointing out facts. If you don't see the value and necessity of having a racially diverse staff, then I'm afraid I can't help you.

I don't see anyone playing the race card here, simply pointing out facts. If you don't see the value and necessity of having a racially diverse staff, then I'm afraid I can't help you.

When almost all of the good players are black, you gotta have black asst. coaches to recruit them. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize that a black player will feel more comfortable being coached by a black vs a white coach.

Oh wait. Nobody is supposed to admit this!!!!!!!!!!!!

FreedComanche

When almost all of the good players are black, you gotta have black asst. coaches to recruit them. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize that a black player will feel more comfortable being coached by a black vs a white coach.

Oh wait. Nobody is supposed to admit this!!!!!!!!!!!!

FreedComanche

Should we start calling you Carlos Mencia since you are so edgy with you racial opinions?

Last edited:

Latest posts