Iowa Hawkeye Game Day Thread -v- Illinois..

CJ would hav spiked the ball....and probably would have seen a wide open Duzey. Jake lets valuable seconds tick off.

But I'm sure Kirk is enamored with Jake's play so far.

A couple bad breaks or turnovers in the 2nd...and we are in trouble.

I am not confident.

Just can't figure this team, Illinois basically made ONE freaking play and only down 2. What if they make 2-3 plays...uh oh.

If we don't use the TO's to TRY to score a TD than don't receive the ball to start every game! Jchrist!
Now the momentums with them. Like always. Sick of it

10-14 156 yards 1td no picks and a couple of nice runs not to mention KMM dropped a long TD pass and we blew the goaline stand. You guys really think Jake is doing that bad?
A fumble that lead to a Illinois TD, several bad throws (especially on 4th down that killed a drive), and missing Duzey for a TD before half is not good. Not to mention he wasn't rushing to get under center on that last drive.

Illinois is a **** poor team and Rudock isn't playing well despite what the stats say.

CJ would hav spiked the ball....and probably would have seen a wide open Duzey. Jake lets valuable seconds tick off.

But I'm sure Kirk is enamored with Jake's play so far.
This guy gets it. That last drive was horrible clock management by a veteran QB. Just brutal.

10-14 156 yards 1td no picks and a couple of nice runs not to mention KMM dropped a long TD pass and we blew the goaline stand. You guys really think Jake is doing that bad?

Yup bad read bad throws and not seeing guys wide open and under throwing stuff as usual

A fumble that lead to a Illinois TD, several bad throws (especially on 4th down that killed a drive), and missing Duzey for a TD before half is not good. Not to mention he wasn't rushing to get under center on that last drive.

Illinois is a **** poor team and Rudock isn't playing well despite what the stats say.

Yep, agree totally.

When you let teams hang around, like a Iowa is doing, it almost always comes back to bite you.

The thumbs down button is too funny. I can't hope to understand some of the thumbs down on comments. Just a cheap way to snipe and not type something in response.

Last edited:
Anyone remember when Cory Provous (the lead announcer today) worked for the Cubs and did the innings when Pat Hughes took breaks? He also did the Cubs pre and post game shows for WGN radio and now works for the Twins.

How 'bout Sapp!! Great for him (and the team) to reap the rewards of his offseason efforts to improve.

Amazing that he was able to reclaim a starting spot because his coach believed in him and actually gave him a fair shot to come back. It would have been easy for Fran to keep Clemmons down by going with the "safer", seasoned guy - Oglesby. No decent coach would ever do something like that -- playing safe, seniority over better talent -- would they?

We left at least 30 seconds go by having no urgency, not using TO, and not clocking it.

Infuriating.

Just cannot understand how everytime we are in hurry up mode, JR stands there staring at the sideline waiting for a play while meanwhile, tic toc tic toc

Latest posts