Iowa has now underachieved 6 of the last 7 seasons

The under achievement is solely on the offense, and has been for the last 10 years. Our offense is everything quoted above. We need serious changes on offense. First, you have to have a qb who can move and be a serious threat to RUN for a first down. Do we purposely recruit slow, nonathletic qb's? It looks like that; at least we won't play someone who doesn't trip over his own feet. Even a conservative would think we were conservative. The offense is hardly watchable at times

Wasn't Derby supposed to be a QB that was a threat to run? Now he's been swiched to defense. Has he even played on defense other than that one game?

I think that would be an incredibly poor argument.

An incredibly poor argument is one that has many flaws. Rocknroll showed how your original post was misguided and, even worse, factually wrong. You should stop now. 2008 underachieved given the talent. 2002 had no business losing to isu and should have kept it much closer against USC.

They do quite often, I don't disagree with this.

My things is, in Ferentz's worst years we win 6 games and while that's not spectacular, that's consistency that other programs would love to have. I would love to have a coach that gets us 9-10 wins every year though going after that coach is risky and the odds of finding a coach that gets us there is low, though not impossible.

You fire Ferentz you are gambling near guaranteed bowl games every year for the hope that we hit a big jack pot (BCS Bowls, title game etc) when the likely hood is that we'd be the same program we are now or worse. The other thing with Kirk is that he can develop players pretty well and that's an asset that you don't want to give up too easily.

I would like a new Offensive Coordinator as someone who utilizes the talent better on offense could help in preventing the playing down to teams. I'd like to see someone who values possessions more and values getting them as much as possible because it's hard to score when you don't have too many chances to do so.

I would be fine with just getting new coordinators, if it were outside hires who would be allowed to bring in new ideas and more importantly new methods mind sets and responsibilities.

I agree on the talent development and that is definitely Ferentz best asset.

As for the six wins. Everyone wins that many games now. Thats only %50 of your games. Look at how many bowl eligible teams there are.

We cannot have the fifth highest paid coach in the country be held to such low expectations.

The fire has to be put to his feet this year, it should have been after last year. There is no more benefit of the doubt, that got used up this year.

A good ole' A$$ kicking to finish the season.

Well, at least Ferentz and his staff will ensure that Iowa has no decent rivalry with Nebraska. NE will play to win...and Iowa will play not to lose. So NE will win most games and this "rivalry" will never be as long as Ferentz is coach. After all, we should we have a good rivalry....Iowa has no sizzle, just ask our dynamic coaching staff. We can make fun of NE's coach for showing tremendous passion and then we have to look for our coach...kind of gets lost in the crowd. After all, Iowa has no sizzle...

Outstanding job Iowa coaches...just outstanding. Maybe it IS time for Iowa to have some sizzle...

Thats the truth.

Outside of one crazy season where we should have lost to UNI and Indiana we have underachieved every year since 04.

Think about that.

Im done supporting this staff.

They won't do what it takes to win, and they can't keep a team focused or motivated.
I was pretty well done after two losses to Minnesota. I know Kirk's not going anywhere, but man does he need to make some changes. His offense is consistently in the lower half of the conference, and can rarely make a vital third down, leaving the D out to dry. Today really made me second-guess the zone D as well. For crying out loud, Martinez looked like Tom Brady against the Hawks.

Do we purposely recruit slow, nonathletic qb's?

Well, if we do, given the dinosaur offense KF has KOK running, we should get a top 5 "pro style" statue QB every year in recruiting. No one else is recruiting them anymore, so we should be landing a stud out of Texas, Florida or California every season, as surely there is one solid statue QB in those football rich territories every year. Yet we go to QB meccas like Keokuk and Tuscola, IL for our 1 and 2 QBs. Hopefully, Rudock can change it up and build us up a FL pipeline.

I think you can still win with statue QBs, but they need to have pocket presence to make that step up or sidestep when heat is coming and they need to have masterful decision making to go with a huge, accurate arm.

An incredibly poor argument is one that has many flaws. Rocknroll showed how your original post was misguided and, even worse, factually wrong. You should stop now. 2008 underachieved given the talent. 2002 had no business losing to isu and should have kept it much closer against USC.

I should stop? A. Me and Rocknroll game to an agreement it seems it what was a civilized discussion.
B. The poor argument quote was in response to someone else's post.
C. If you think a season in which a team loses only two games is underachieving your expectations are borderline unmeetable
D. If you think the team underachieved in the second best season that the team achieved under Kirk why is that your screen name? Seems weird to me.

Realistically, we were a dropped pass and a miracle comeback away from back-to-back 6-6 regular seasons.

That speaks volumes.

Thats the truth.

Outside of one crazy season where we should have lost to UNI and Indiana we have underachieved every year since 04.

Think about that.

Im done supporting this staff.

They won't do what it takes to win, and they can't keep a team focused or motivated.
Step away from the ledge fairweather fan......underachieve is something that happens every few years. Iowa is no different than other programs who 'under achieve' every 3 or 4 years. Get over yourself.

I didn't see a lot of improvement over the season. I saw a lot of ups and downs but no real improvement.

That's a concern. Especially looking towards next season where they lose the best WR in Iowa history, and Binns and Daniels.

2008 was one of the most talented teams Iowa will ever field and they found a way to lose 4 games that they had absolutely no buissnes losing. From Rockrollface

That is absolutely correct- look at the NFL talent on that squad, only Greenwood and Hunter didn't make it from that defense, Greene, Bulaga, Stanzi, Moeaki, Myers, Vandervelde, Donahue. That 2008 team was so loaded that when you look back at the record you have to wonder how they opened the season at 3-3. That team was the most talented Iowa TEAM of the Ferentz era, and last year was the second most talented team. Combined records 17-9. Something wrong there.

Take a look at aTm this year, top ten preseason, building off of a great season last year, momentum heading into the SEC, footprint is in a recruiting hotbed.

now 5-6, and may miss a bowl. Do we have a year like that in the last 12?

look at texas from national title to 5-7 last year, missed a bowl too! (after switching QB's too, just like us). they clean house with their coaching staff, and this year are 7-4?

Stay the course, Next year will be a different story. We will finish this season with the longest active bowl winning streak in consecutive years (4), and 12 straight bowl eligible teams.

Kirk and our staff is annoying- but unless norm hangs it up.... there will be no changes. i know it may be getting old, but I think that Stoops may be the answer, but 9 wins will still be a good/overachieving result with anybody new. I hope you smart fans out there see this too.

Listened to both the Nebraska and Iowa call in shows on the way back. Even some of our fans seem to think this is good enough. "Young team", except they're really not. "Best coaching staff in the country", one guy said.

Nebraska's call in show? Talking about how to get past disappointing 9 win seasons.

The first quarter, which we won, should be enough to ask for KoK to retire.

Take a look at aTm this year, top ten preseason, building off of a great season last year, momentum heading into the SEC, footprint is in a recruiting hotbed.

now 5-6, and may miss a bowl. Do we have a year like that in the last 12?

look at texas from national title to 5-7 last year, missed a bowl too! (after switching QB's too, just like us). they clean house with their coaching staff, and this year are 7-4?

Stay the course, Next year will be a different story. We will finish this season with the longest active bowl winning streak in consecutive years (4), and 12 straight bowl eligible teams.

Kirk and our staff is annoying- but unless norm hangs it up.... there will be no changes. i know it may be getting old, but I think that Stoops may be the answer, but 9 wins will still be a good/overachieving result with anybody new. I hope you smart fans out there see this too.

Sounds like our 2005 season. And A&M is 6-6 and already bowl eligible.