Iowa getting Nike Combat Uni's

UIH1045F.jpg

Has anyone else noticed how these really aren't that different than Oregon's current uniforms? The feathers on the shoulder design was just ahead of its time.

Everyone acts like we've had these uniforms for 100 years, like we're Penn State. We have had them since, what, 1999? Hayden use to change the uniforms constantly. It's no big deal. Our uniforms aren't even original. We are recognized by our logo, not by our uniforms that make us look like another, more popular team

You people are to uniforms what KF is to playcalling. Learn to mix it up.

Everyone acts like we've had these uniforms for 100 years, like we're Penn State. We have had them since, what, 1999? Hayden use to change the uniforms constantly. It's no big deal. Our uniforms aren't even original. We are recognized by our logo, not by our uniforms that make us look like another, more popular team

You people are to uniforms what KF is to playcalling. Learn to mix it up.
Are you serious with this post?

You guys are missing the fact this is a good thing. Young kids want to have the latest and greatest when it comes to apparel (see Oregon). This is a good thing for Iowa can be a nice little draw believe it or not.
THIS....young guys are the ones wearing the uni's I for one want them to be happy. They are the ones making the commitment...

It's just the day and age we live in. Players want to have all the new hip stuff and its time Iowa jumps on board.

Realize, Iowa has all the latest and greastest equipment from Nike and every other supplier. They have the same shoes, socks, helmets, shoulder pads, etc as every other elite team in college football. It just the unwillingness to make a splash with a "different" or "flashy" uniform that differentiates Iowa to this point. Iowa is not behind the times, they are not old-fashioned when it comes to equipment and apparel, just a little old-fashioned when it comes to fashion. And I have no problem with keeping the status quo, however, if they want to make a splash on national television at Nebraska, I'm all for it.

I wouldnt mind it as long as it was only for one game, but it would suck if that turned into using them in bowl games like TCU and Boise.

No different then a throw back game, but the other team played should particatate as well.

It'd be kinda funny to see them do a better version of the gold wing idea but with Nike combat. Or all black like someone said, maybe with a white tigerhawk.

But yea I would not be for it leading to more than one game a year, that would suck.

I don't understand all of the love the Iowa wing jerseys are getting. I think they are God awful! Please do not bring back the wings.

For the people that didn't see me post this a while back...the only thing Nike needs to do is stay very close to the throwback that gave us this year, but just do them in all black with flat black helmets. Like this:

McNuttBlack.jpg

For the people that didn't see me post this a while back...the only thing Nike needs to do is stay very close to the throwback that gave us this year, but just do them in all black with flat black helmets. Like this:

McNuttBlack.jpg

This would be cool. I think this would be good for a year. I really like the flat black helmets.

I would have no problem with a once a year deal like this if the unis looked as good for Iowa as the ones Missouri had a couple of years ago, I think it was for the KU game. Those uniforms rocked. If it is just for one game, why does everyone get so bent out of shape. Or would it be for an entrire season and I missed that part?

You guys are missing the fact this is a good thing. Young kids want to have the latest and greatest when it comes to apparel (see Oregon). This is a good thing for Iowa can be a nice little draw believe it or not.

Great point.

As an aside, I really liked Iowa's throwback unis this year. They were cool.

I believe in addition to the advantages of the uniform Nike is trying to come up with a "futuristic" look for the college uniform in general.

But much like our fanbase, other teams fanbases stand by their classic uniforms to represent the schools. So changing to these futuristic new uniforms fulltime is not realistic.

Anyone here, besides me old enough to remember the unis in the movie "Rollerball"?

OK, OK, OK - hold on everyone. Before we all go getting worked up on the pro's & con's of Nike Combat uniforms, is there anyone that can provide a credible source - such as a tweet from a guy that knows a guy or perhaps a vague facebook reference by Gary Barta's niece - confirming this? Please??!?!?!

Latest posts