Iowa getting Nike Combat Uni's

Is it impossible to make a version of the regular uniform that is breathable and has a better fit? Also, if the breathability and fit are so superior, why do the teams who fall for this only use them for a game or two? I'll hang up and listen.

Is it impossible to make a version of the regular uniform that is breathable and has a better fit? Also, if the breathability and fit are so superior, why do the teams who fall for this only use them for a game or two? I'll hang up and listen.

I'm listening for that answer too. Seriously....I want to hear this. :confused:

You didn't even come close to answering his question.

You originally said, "I believe the fit is better and also it is more breathable."

This was his question for you....

Originally Posted by DwayneTwill

Dont know how I didnt even come close.

I said that Nike is rolling out "the uniform of the future". This is why they arent going with "classic" uniform stylings right now. They are wanting to make a statement with these uniforms that doesnt only standout as far as function but as far as styling as well. And its working. How many other uniforms can you see and name the Brand and what version of its unis it is?

I also answered the question of why other teams are only using them for a game or two. Its because, much like our fans, other fans like to stick to tradition and the "classic" look.

I think later on down the road once more and more teams are on board you will have the pro combat performance with the classic stylings of various teams. But right now its all about promoting Nike and their unis. Thats right, its not about making cool uniforms for schools its about making Nike ProCombat Uniforms standout so people talk about them. So far so good for Nike.

Last edited:

I believe in addition to the advantages of the uniform Nike is trying to come up with a "futuristic" look for the college uniform in general.

But much like our fanbase, other teams fanbases stand by their classic uniforms to represent the schools. So changing to these futuristic new uniforms fulltime is not realistic.

well this was all short lived. Tweet by Morehouse I believe said no combat uni's for Iowa. He went on to say Nike decides on the teams in June they are going to do for the 2011 season according to his Nike rep.

Damn!

Did no else see this quote? Morehouse twatted about an hour ago that Iowa wasn't (or isn't, not sure what tense to use here) getting pro combat next year. Or this year. Whatever.

I'm looking forward to them and I'm over 35. I've actually wondered why we are allowing our teams to wear stuff that is clearly outdated include football and hoops. It's time to step up and change.

I'm looking forward to them and I'm over 35. I've actually wondered why we are allowing our teams to wear stuff that is clearly outdated include football and hoops. It's time to step up and change.

Why?

BTW, hoops unis are not even 2 years old.

I agree with this. While it doesn't appeal to me, it appeals to the players.

Agree. With the deep tradition at Iowa and with how slow Iowans are to change, I would not anticipate anything outlandish. I hope they don't change the solid black of the helmet and solid "gold" of the logo.

I hope and pray Iowa gets the combat uni's. I am not mad we have the uni's we have but I certainly am open to a new look. Our road uni's need a change for sure.

I believe in addition to the advantages of the uniform Nike is trying to come up with a "futuristic" look for the college uniform in general.

But much like our fanbase, other teams fanbases stand by their classic uniforms to represent the schools. So changing to these futuristic new uniforms fulltime is not realistic.

You originally said, "I believe the fit is better and also it is more breathable."

Can I take a stab at it?

At this point in time I don't think Nike wants to turn current uniform looks into the new Pro Combat technology because they want the technology to have a "new" face associated to it. It will be more recognized by people if the entire uniform looks different. Just a thought.

They're not that bad. It'll be sweet on night games during a black out or something to that effect.

Latest posts