Iowa getting Nike Combat Uni's

mrolympia

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All nike combat uni's are eyesores. I'd be ****** if barta allowed this to happen :mad:

Personally I don't think we're going to veer away from our regular uniforms (certainly not for an extended period of time).

And, the design doesn't have to change much. Miaimi's weren't much different, neither were Texas' (all they really did was add numbers to the helmet for that one). They aren't always outrageous. It's the material that Nike is selling, not the designs. The designs just draw attention, which gives announcers/sideline reporters a reason to "inform" viewers about what the material is supposed to do.

So this is the typical bell curve of acceptance (there will be a few that are really for a change, a few that are adamantly against it, and the majority that are slowly going to warm up to it).

I'm 31 and think it would be sweet to see a different jersey for a game or two. Just like I like to see how they update a throwback jersey, it's fun to see them in something a little different.

Now if you told me it was a permanent change . . . we'd have a problem.

Can I take a stab at it?

At this point in time I don't think Nike wants to turn current uniform looks into the new Pro Combat technology because they want the technology to have a "new" face associated to it. It will be more recognized by people if the entire uniform looks different. Just a thought.

This. I think this is just temporary, though. Eventually they will make any design (new or current) with the new material. But for now, they want to market it, and the easiest way to do that is to draw attention to it. The easiest way to do that is to make it flashy.

A friend of mine posted on his facebook that Iowa was getting them for next year. I asked for pics he said none yet but an Iowa recruit confirmed it on Twitter (take that for what it is worth). Anyone know if this is true? It's cool if it is.

No! Not if they change the look of the unis! No funny looking numbers/stripes/patterns/etc. KF would NEVER go for this, but if NIKE throws money at Barta, KF may not have a say...

DaNico Law is confirming it and Morehouse tweeted it. I can't wait to see what they will look like. They could potentially be bad a$$ if Nike doesn't screw it up.

You guys are missing the fact this is a good thing. Young kids want to have the latest and greatest when it comes to apparel (see Oregon). This is a good thing for Iowa can be a nice little draw believe it or not.

You guys are missing the fact this is a good thing. Young kids want to have the latest and greatest when it comes to apparel (see Oregon). This is a good thing for Iowa can be a nice little draw believe it or not.

I agree with this. While it doesn't appeal to me, it appeals to the players.

It's just the day and age we live in. Players want to have all the new hip stuff and its time Iowa jumps on board.

UIH1045F.jpg

I agree with this. While it doesn't appeal to me, it appeals to the players.

So we should just accept creamy yellow uniforms you can see a$$ through when they're damp, with gray helmets with a tire tread design embedded on them and birdshit plops on the shoulder pads?:(

Yep, I agree. I know I will be crucified for this, but I say it is time to move onward and upward from the Steelers uniforms; do our own thing.

I agree. I think it is time Iowa jumps on board with this. Though, I don't like the throught of changing the uni's. I believe it is for the best in the long run.

The Hawks don't need to change a thing. Kids seriously aren't going to pick a school because they wear different uniforms every week of the season.

We have a recognizable brand and look, and it shouldn't be messed with. It's tradition.

The Hawks don't need to change a thing. Kids seriously aren't going to pick a school because they wear different uniforms every week of the season.

We have a recognizable brand and look, and it shouldn't be messed with. It's tradition.

Agreed.

Kids obviously also like Marijuana and cocaine and pills and rape. We should probably indulge that, too. Let the idiots run the asylum, as they say.

Latest posts