Iowa Game Thread....

Also, the 1-2-2 press doesn't work anymore. Stop using it. Actually, just stop switching from things that are working just for the the hell of it. It's annoying to see things working and then changing things up just to "change the look" no reason for it.

The problem is Clemmons and uhl on offense. Neither move the ball quickly. They get it and then hold it for several seconds, then dribble in place and then pass the ball after the cutters are covered.

The fact that these guys are still playing so detached from one another, is a direct reflection of coaching.

^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^

X10. I have yet to figure out what Fran's offense is. Five years in I'm not impressed .
Secondly recruit some guys who are tough some bad ***** who are strong mentally and physically
skinny guys running around taking jump shots, point guards who can't finish and no inside strength. Put those things together and it's no wonder we fade down the stretch and have trouble closing out games

What happened to our efficient passing? First half of the season I remember lots of coaches commenting on how well we shared the ball. Now it's dribble down and shoot, dribble down and shoot. This all started when Jok started scoring a lot, I know you guys always argue with me about this one.
I see what your saying about Jok. He rushes a lot shots before anyone can get into position to rebound.

Is anyone confident they win this? I'm usually confident as **** and make fun of negative stuff constantly but I'm not seeing anything to make me feel good right now. We hit a ton of threes in the first half and it's a 1 point game.

Also, the 1-2-2 press doesn't work anymore. Stop using it. Actually, just stop switching from things that are working just for the the hell of it. It's annoying to see things working and then changing things up just to "change the look" no reason for it.

Gotta disagree here. The point of the press is to give the opponent a short shot clock. Not steal the ball.

Gotta disagree here. The point of the press is to give the opponent a short shot clock. Not steal the ball.

I know. But when you give up layups or open shots because no one is in position all the time then it's not working. That's what keeps happening when we go to the press lately.

Is anyone confident they win this? I'm usually confident as **** and make fun of negative stuff constantly but I'm not seeing anything to make me feel good right now. We hit a ton of threes in the first half and it's a 1 point game.

The more they hang around the less confident I become....We've been here before and it usually ends in disaster and utter disappointment

The more they hang around the less confident I become....We've been here before and it usually ends in disaster and utterly disappointment

If we win a close NCAA tournament game I'll be an overpositive ******* again.

Absolutely None!