Iowa Football Preview, Prediction: Hawkeyes Host PSU Under Lights

Why in the world would you list Jerry Sandusky?!?! How about Franco Harris or Jack Ham? Those guys didn't rape children.

By the way, the weather is going to be very cold Saturday. During the day the forecast says 44 degrees, when the sun sets at 6:30 it will drop into the 30's.

Matt Millen, who is still recovering from a heart transplant, would be a good choice as well.

Matt is the subject of a heartwarming story showing occasionally on BTN detailing his diagnosis, surgery and recovery.

c37ceae9-660d-4952-8bb2-5e3fd5a52500-large16x9_sandusky.PNG

I'm very notable for My Second Mile Charity.

Maybe Rob picked Sandusky because he, more than Millen, Franco Harris, Jack Hamm, or another other former PSU great, represents what that university and community was all about during the Paterno era.

How many former coaches, players, university staff, police, DAs heard about this whole thing years or decades before some reporter finally had the nuts to bring some facts to the surface and force the issue?

Last week vs Michigan was an "opportunity game" to launch Iowa into the upper levels of FB this year, to be part of the "championship discussion" group. Waiting to match up two undefeated teams...Iowa at Wisconsin. That ship has sailed.

I would call the game vs PSU the "watershed game" for Iowa. The team and program will go one way or the other by the end of game.

Win, and Iowa will remain in contention in the conference. Win and Iowa will break one of those losing streaks...which could mean more breaking down the road...PSU, then NW, then Wisconsin...bad strings of bad games vs the same teams that hang around Iowa's potential success like a python. Iowa heading to Madison with one loss vs an unbeaten Badger team would be a huge game of opportunity, again!

Lose and the water will roll down the other side of the watershed...more strings of losing, yet to broken, against teams. Iowa limping to average...and to a nobody really cares bowl...and to the end of the season narratives about another "pretty darn good year" by our coaches.

I really like to envision Iowa doing well...but I can't help but having visions of PSU players flowing through Iowa's offensive line for constant destruction and disruption.

Time for Brian to show us that he is OC caliber.

I figured thinking about decades of child rape would be uncomfortable for some folks.

Franco Harris, Jack Ham or Matt Millen, former players that defended Paterno’s actions in handling of Sandusky? Good call, guys.

I’m very comfortable listing Sandusky.

I don't think it was the score or the conditions (one score loss on the road at the Big House in the B10 - tough place to play) that concerns fans. It's the manner in which the team looked against a team that really hadn't shown much in their first 4 games outside of the Rutgers game....which isn't saying much. And I'm only talking about the offense. The defense was very good outside of one long pass play. Hopefully being at home will provide the offense some comfort and hoping the OL did a lot of film and chemistry work.

I figured thinking about decades of child rape would be uncomfortable for some folks.

Franco Harris, Jack Ham or Matt Millen, former players that defended Paterno’s actions in handling of Sandusky? Good call, guys.

Well, I din't know Ham and Harris defended him.

Does that mean Gang Lu is a notable U of Iowa alum?? I've always thought of notable as someone who was worthy.

Doing God’s work

13-6 in Kinnick under the lights
3-4 against ranked opponents

isn’t what I would call a titillating record.

Notable Alumni: Jerry Sandusky... seriously Rob you couldn't find a serial killer or someone with a bigger criminal record? Seriously Rob, You are better than that crap. Other than that part a good breakdown.

I laughed out loud at that one. How fo you spell rivalry? Shushing QBs, blocked punts, 6 - 4, and 12 - 16 all-time. Franklin is due for a loss. Also, shove PSU to the west already.

Does that mean Gang Lu is a notable U of Iowa alum?? I've always thought of notable as someone who was worthy.

Do you really want to use that analogy? I don’t think you do.

BTW, nobody mentioned anything about the notable Michigan alum in my preview from last week.

Do you really want to use that analogy? I don’t think you do.

BTW, nobody mentioned anything about the notable Michigan alum in my preview from last week.

You made me go look, that is funny, but makes me wonder if you are into crazy people like the Unabomber whom you listed. Rob, where has your wife been lately? She seems to have vanished.

220px-Theodore_Kaczynski_2.jpg

Latest posts