Iowa Football Parents Asking for Transparency from Big Ten

I've never been to Rutgers or Maryland because I don't view them as Big Ten teams and I will never go.
The same friend I mentioned above moved to PA for a few years so it was easy to hit PSU and Rutgers. Rutgers is a garbage stadium with a garbage fan base in a garbage city. But the trade-off was that tickets were almost free, and those same seats at Kinnick would have bee $300 easy on stubhub. It also was a Hawk win, and checked off one of the Big Ten boxes. Gave me an excuse to take a couple short weekend trips to visit my buddy and his family.

They've since moved back to our Iowa town which is awesome for our kids to grow up together, but unfortunately I didn't make it to Maryland while they lived there. That's gonna be a hard trip for me to justify a plane ticket, Ubers, food and a hotel. Might be a retirement thing if they're still in the league or football is still a thing.

Damn, if I don't hit traffic in Asheville, Knoxville is a hair over 2.5 hours from me. The traffic in Asheville is fucking insane. It cuts through the mountains and the side streets have no run off room so it just backs up for miles. The freeway is 2 lanes because there's just not enough room to expand it in every place it needs widened. Last Friday there was gridlock from 5 miles south of Hendersonville until you got to the I-40 interchange. It was seriously like Chicago to Aurora level of gridlock. The South is growing way too fast. I want a moratorium on Yankees moving down here.
Ha. I've been down here 10 yrs and live in the middle of nowhere. I love it. I'd kinda like to be an hour closer to Nashville but I think it saves me a bunch not doing so. I live south of I40 about 30 miles. I'm less then an hour from Pickwick damn where TN Bama and MS all come together.

When pointing out the hypocrisy of allowing students on-campus but cancelling football, don't discount the fear of litigation aspect.

The presidents and commissioner can hide behind the "we made the decision for the safety of the student-athlete" stance all they want, but you can bet there were plenty of conversations behind closed doors with the respective legal departments on the potential ramifications of a surge of lawsuits.

When random students come down with Covid-19 - and a scattered few will get seriously ill - mom and dad will bring them home with little fanfare and the realization that is was random dumb luck, and move on.

When a few high-profile athletes get sick, it's a whole different ballgame (no pun intended...). Attorneys will be stumbling over themselves to file class-action lawsuits, and you can bet that the universities are well aware of the possibility.

This. It's just that simple. Risk Management. But then I thought ...why say no until you have to say no...they could have waited to see if there was going to be a safe window. But nope. Therefore, I think there is an additional reason to cancel the season....to avoid dealing with player demands as articulated by Pac12 players.