Iowa flags everywhere

jeffjorgy

Gameday in Atlanta and at the Boise State/Va Tech game.

iowaflags.jpg

Knew when Va Tech tried that fade pass on third down with 2 minutes left that it was all over. Their receivers showed no ability to come down with a long pass. Looked like Taylor was hoping for PI. They did much better catching his midrange lasers.

The Va Tech coaches also got away from those quick hitches that were killing Boise. Really bad job with the calls on the last two series.

Well, it is what it is.

All you can do is take care of your own schedule and not worry about anyone else's schedule.

Not that I don't love seeing Iowa stuff everywhere, but I don't quite understand it. Why would there be an Iowa flag in the middle of a BSU crowd of fans? Or @gameday when Iowa isn't one of the teams involved or even close geographically? I'm thinking it's got to be because people are so prideful to be from Iowa/associated with the Iowa football program, right?

Not that I don't love seeing Iowa stuff everywhere, but I don't quite understand it. Why would there be an Iowa flag in the middle of a BSU crowd of fans? Or @gameday when Iowa isn't one of the teams involved or even close geographically? I'm thinking it's got to be because people are so prideful to be from Iowa/associated with the Iowa football program, right?

Well when you are a fan you are a fan.. I love football and if I didn't live in Iowa and I lived somewhere a good game would be played and I was going, you bet your butt Id be there in an Iowa shirt waving a flag... Just showin the world Hawkeye Nation is bigger than the inside of Iowa...

you serious clark? yes it confirms iowa's presence on the national scene, if they wish not to talk about us, our own fans have to show up and pimp us as much as they can

I saw 3 Iowa flags on CGD and an "CLAYBORN FOR HEISMAN" sign. Didnt notice that at the VT vs BSU game, thats soo awesome. Hawkeye love all over!

you serious clark? yes it confirms iowa's presence on the national scene, if they wish not to talk about us, our own fans have to show up and pimp us as much as they can

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing Iowa stuff everywhere, but I just didn't know it was so wide-spread I guess. I'm really glad it is. The more pimping of Iowa the better..lol. AND I don't know if I'd have the balls to show up in the middle of a game where Iowa was not involved with a tiger hawk flag. A t-shirt is one thing, but a flag is another.

Knew when Va Tech tried that fade pass on third down with 2 minutes left that it was all over. Their receivers showed no ability to come down with a long pass. Looked like Taylor was hoping for PI. They did much better catching his midrange lasers.

The Va Tech coaches also got away from those quick hitches that were killing Boise. Really bad job with the calls on the last two series.

Well, it is what it is.

All you can do is take care of your own schedule and not worry about anyone else's schedule.

Yea. Did VT even have a TE on the roster?

On thursday when they were set up and talking about the LSU NC game, absolutely no one was behind them except for two people. One had the clayborn sign and the other had the hawkeye sign...F'in funny

Saturday morning on Game Day there was also a Stanzi for Heisman banner, I think it was Stanzi on one side and Clayborn on the other side.
Pretty cool!

My brother goes to LSU and hasn't missed a home game there yet...but he where's his gold tigerhawk t-shirt to every game.

Loved seeing it. I live about 30 miles from Lincoln, and rock the TigerHawk from my front porch every gameday. One or two of us in my little town. I work the streets of Omaha, and see more and more. Some neighborhoods are 30% Hawkeye. One guy lives on a golf course in Gretna, and has a giant flag pole on the golf course side. Proudly rocking the TigerHawk. Love it.

Another way to think about it...if the Tigerhawk shows up in a video for a Korean girls group pop song, can we be surprised that it showed up on gameday? It's international! :)

No doubt. The Tigerhawk is the new peace sign.

LOL! Can we really go that far saying that the Tigerhawk is the new peace sign? I don't know about that ;)

I noticed the Hawkeye flag at the Boise game straight away, and stopped the DVR and rewound the video so my buddies could see it.

I saw all the flags/signs on Gameday. Atlanta seems to have a large Iowa presense. I went to a (non-Iowa) football game there once and wore an Iowa shirt...I had at least two dozen different people yell "Go Hawks!" at me that day, plus I saw a bunch of others wearing Iowa shirts.

Latest posts