Iowa Finishing Strong in Recruiting

Nope. It's the board itself.

Seriously, Jon, how do you stand it? If I moderated this board, I'd have hit men out looking for half the posters.

agreed on this and agreed on your sentiments above as well. this board is freak central, generally.

i think it is a double edged sword for JD. This website's income is based on people frequenting, viewing, posting, i think.

marcmorehouse
Cedar Falls RB Barkley Hill is legit 6-0, 210. Wants to be 215-220 by August. Says he's very excited about running between the tackles at UI

I still remember how Iowa getting 5 star Blake Larsen was going to change our fortunes on the field....not so much in the end.
Doering also.

More than any position,I think linemen are a crap shoot. They almost always need to transform their bodies,and finally play against guys as big and mean as they are...very few are sure things like Bulaga.

Along with Doering came Moeki (5*? pretty close) and Richardson (Richardsen?) That class was one of the best recruiting classes that Iowa has had in the past 10 years.

This is not directed at you but just my thoughts about Iowa's recruiting.

The idea that Iowa can compete consistantly against tOSU, Nebraska, Mich, Oklahoma or any other national contender without better talent is ludicris.

One of the best paid coaching staffs in the country and the best they can do is break into the top 50 in recruiting? I would like to know what happened in 2007-9? Where are the recruits? Certainly not on the field. Iowa fielded one of the smallest lines on both sides of the ball this year. And it looks like 2012 isn't going to be any better. A freshman RB, Juco players, young players. Big holes to fill on both sides of the ball.

Did Iowa even break into the top 5 (recruiting wise) in the B10?

There is a big gap in the players from the senior class to the freshmen class. Not that much in between.

And now after a mediocre finish in 2011, 2012 will probably be more of the same.
With the prices we are paying for tickets, coaches (police crackdowns, restrictions) we should be getting more for our hard earned bucks.

marcmorehouse
Cedar Falls RB Barkley Hill is legit 6-0, 210. Wants to be 215-220 by August. Says he's very excited about running between the tackles at UI

I hope the best for him. I am excited about Garmon. At 6.2 he is a load. I hope Iowa fields a line to put both of these guys in the end zone repeatedly. Canzeri could be a good relief for both of these guys.

agreed on this and agreed on your sentiments above as well. this board is freak central, generally.

i think it is a double edged sword for JD. This website's income is based on people frequenting, viewing, posting, i think.

yeah, the board would be soooo much better if only high-quality superstars like you and "bob" were allowed to post

Great info,but stat's are nothing but "stat's".Dallas Clark stat's for playing tight end are completely opposite of what the NFL would say is your proto-type tight end.He is small,maybe weigh's 210 pounds,not tall,but faster then hell and catches everything.I think I'm doing a poor job of explaining that stat's are just stat's!So if Ely Manning win's two Super Bowl's and Peyton had one, statistically Ely would have better stat's.Wisconsin plays the biggest powder puff preseason and runs up 400 yard of offense against Wisconsin-St Clair,so the numbers are great info.,and certainly useful ,to look at trends,etc.,but keep a open mind on their significance.

Latest posts