Iowa FB has a history of bouncing back

I don't know how 8-3 is bouncing back but that's fine if you look at it that way. Another way you can look at it and I do, is that we fail to achieve our goals 2 out of every three years. I just don't see how you can look at it like you are. I guess I might have higher expectations or maybe I am more of a glass half full person. If it is that then sorry for being the bummer dude.

Here's what's as evident as the nose on anyone's face:

1. The trajectory of the program closely mimics Hayden Fry and boys.

2. Team was terrible when KF got here. 3 Years later Orange Bowl...about 3 years after Hayden got here Rose Bowl.

3. Many years of stellar success. Coaches begin to leave for other coaching jobs.

4. Recruiting begins to slip because the guys being promoted within are not as good at coaching or recruiting as the guys that left. And we know Hayden and Kirk can't or won't fire guys despite subpar performances because it's like they have TENURE.

5. Coaching staff reaches into the JUCO ranks and now CANADA to find talent and fill holes because they can't close the deal within the continental 48.

6. 6-6, 5-7 or 7-5 records ensue until we lose yet again to Minnesota by 40 in an embarrassing finale to Hayden's career...which will happen to Kirk oh wait it already did we lost again to basically a winless Minnesota team.

7. Finally, it becomes clear even to the die hard coach backers that this can't go on.

Folks we are in stage 5 of the ebb and flow of the Iowa program or maybe 6. I'd give it 3 more years before we have a full blown disaster on our hands unless KF makes some changes.

Again, someone coming up with a ridiculous trend argument that is not based in factual data.

There is only one trend that has carried on in the KF years. 3 years 7 or less wins, 3 years 8 or more wins. When the team wins 8, it means a sub 60% regular season season and a win against a ranked or high profile Big 12 team, or winning 2/3 of the regular season and a loss to an SEC team in Outback or Cap One (The Hawk fans favorite bowls). Anything above fans are ecstatic.

When the team wins 7, it means either a brutal 6/6 regular season and a win in a bad bowl. Or a sub 60% season and a bowl loss. This and anything below and the meltdown is officially on.

^I think seepig's facts are much more meaningful, you have outlined some nice coincidental numbers. Just because it has been that way, doesn't mean it will continue.

Again, someone coming up with a ridiculous trend argument that is not based in factual data.

There is only one trend that has carried on in the KF years. 3 years 7 or less wins, 3 years 8 or more wins. When the team wins 8, it means a sub 60% regular season season and a win against a ranked or high profile Big 12 team, or winning 2/3 of the regular season and a loss to an SEC team in Outback or Cap One (The Hawk fans favorite bowls). Anything above fans are ecstatic.

When the team wins 7, it means either a brutal 6/6 regular season and a win in a bad bowl. Or a sub 60% season and a bowl loss. This and anything below and the meltdown is officially on.

Thanks for the support MoseSchrute. CAARhawk neglected the 6-6 season with a stupendous loss to Directional Michigan followed by a non-bowl bid. CAARHawk if you are going to hang with the big dogs better get a muzzle.

Latest posts