Iowa Doesn't Have to Win BTT to Get into NCAA Tourney

I'm preparing for a CBI bid considering we're not even projected to be in the NIT. Nothing wrong with dreaming of course; Brody Boyd taught us that.

That makes sense, as theoretically they would beat at least one more ranked team to get there.

As up and down as this team is, they could win their last two and then get blown out in the tournament. Or lose the last 3 and win the tournament. I am done thinking about it and will just (hopefully) enjoy the ride.

I read ya...:)

WindowsLiveWriter-TheDumbandDumberGuidetoDataQuality_D66B-

It ain't happening!

Look, let's make it to the NIT. Let's try to get a home game. Let's try to keep playing basketball and get that extra prep time in.

The NIT is still a great accomplishment for year 2 of the Fran era.

That makes sense, as theoretically they would beat at least one more ranked team to get there.

As up and down as this team is, they could win their last two and then get blown out in the tournament. Or lose the last 3 and win the tournament. I am done thinking about it and will just (hopefully) enjoy the ride.

Totally agree.

It ain't happening!

Look, let's make it to the NIT. Let's try to get a home game. Let's try to keep playing basketball and get that extra prep time in.

At this point, I don't think so either. I'm just passing along the information.
NIT is very attainable. Have to keep supporting the team, though.

It ain't happening!

Agreed it's not happening. We won't win that many in a row and even if we did we wouldn't get an invite as our RPI would be around 110. Not good enough.

I'm still hopefull for NIT. Need to win 2 out of 3 to have a shot imo

It ain't happening! Look, let's make it to the NIT. Let's try to get a home game. Let's try to keep playing basketball and get that extra prep time in. The NIT is still a great accomplishment for year 2 of the Fran era.
At this point, I don't think so either. I'm just passing along the information.NIT is very attainable. Have to keep supporting the team, though.

have I mentioned things are progressing exactly as I have foreseen?

Yes, Iowa needs 2 more wins for the NIT, in my opinion.
If they win the next 2 and then get to the BTT finals, they would be 20-14 overall with a 12-10 B1G record. Their RPI would take care of itself as they'd have to beat two more ranked opponents (increasing that number to 6 on the year) and gain 5 more wins.

Again, highly highly highly unlikely. I'm just agreeing w/ Eamonn on this that IF Iowa does that, they are probably on the bubble IN. Not saying they WILL do it. Iowa hasn't won 3 straight B1G games in over 5 years... tough to envision them winning 5 in a row.

What has changed about the NIT selection process? Isn't it a winning record and some preference given to bigger schools that will draw? An Iowa-UNI first round game in CHA would be a big attraction. I thought PSU and NW got into the NIT in the past with records a game or two above .500.

What has changed about the NIT selection process? Isn't it a winning record and some preference given to bigger schools that will draw? An Iowa-UNI first round game in CHA would be a big attraction. I thought PSU and NW got into the NIT in the past with records a game or two above .500.

Not as many teams make the NIT as they use to.

Teams that win their regular season title, but fail to win the conference tournament get automatic bids. This cuts down on "at-large" NIT bids.

It probably isnt happening, but its gonna be a wild next 2 weeks watching Iowa try to make their case. You never know what you will get from this team, so buckle up and enjoy the ride

I give props on the amount of positive thoughts about the NCAA tourney hopes. But I'm sorry to say Iowa has no shot.

Although I agree that 2 wins and making the BTT final puts us on the bubble, Brennan is a native-Iowan so take his opinion with a grain of salt. It's better to hear that from Medcalf's perspective.

Latest posts