Iowa DC Candidates ??

MelroseHawkins

OK. Who are legitimate candidates out there for the defensive coordinator position? Who is out there that Iowa can pick from?

Do they hire from within & move Wilson up into the DC position?

Also, is there a possibility they could offer the DC position to Dan McCarney & get him back on the Iowa sideline? Would this help or hinder him if he has aspirations to coach a major BCS football program?

Just wondering what your thought are on the future of the DC position at Iowa & what potential candidates outside of the program are out there.

Well, right now he's a head coach, which is what he wants to do. I don't see him leaving UNT until he gets a higher profile head coaching job. he won't leave to be a DC again.

to bad that mike stoops is out of the picture now that his brother anounced that he is going to try and get him a position next year on OU's staff

I think the legitimate candidates are in no particular order:

Stoops
Aiken
Parker

and a few other surprises that we will have either never heard of or did not think they were interested in the job. I am curious to see if Bobby Diaco is interviewed. He is a young coach with some ambition it seems and I think with the outlook on Notre Dame football I don't see it as being quite as attractive as it used to be.

My personal choice would be Aiken but we will see. I do hope they have some sense of urgency and make a quick hire on this even though I think they have an idea of who they want right now if they haven't made an offer already.

Latest posts