Iowa-Creighton scrimmage

You said the only way it is good is if Iowa won. Scrimmages are for coaches to evaluate, but you do want to come away with good things...not necessarily a win or loss...it is important to come away with things to work on...that is the point...you don't want to come away thinking you got trounced though....maybe some coaches wouldn't mind that though...helps to be an avenue to make some teaching points.

Still looking for the alleged "good news" as a result of this outcome. As Jon said, this result was not good nor bad. You are absolutely right, we might have made major gains as a result of playing this scrimmage. However, none of us know if this was the case. The only way we could know for sure is if we had beaten the preseason #16 team in a scrimmage. We didn't.

I'm hearing we won by 29... Woodbury dominated Dougy.

tumblr_m9sh7ktMBD1rfv8jxo1_500.gif

Still looking for the alleged "good news" as a result of this outcome. As Jon said, this result was not good nor bad. You are absolutely right, we might have made major gains as a result of playing this scrimmage. However, none of us know if this was the case. The only way we could know for sure is if we had beaten the preseason #16 team in a scrimmage. We didn't.

I talked to the father of one of the players (not going to say which one). Here is what happened:

1. Iowa won the first session; Creighton won the second session.
2. The player thought that, unlike last year, there was little difference, if any, between the two teams.
3. The Iowa players really thought the scrimmage was valuable, because they each came away with something to focus on in their individual games.
4. The Iowa kids believe they are much improved as a team over last year, and the Creighton scrimmage confirmed it to a certain extent.

The scrimmage was valuable preparation for the games this season against a lot of good teams (Iowa State; UNI; Va Tech; Big Ten teams; etc. etc.)

I talked to the father of one of the players (not going to say which one). Here is what happened:

2. The player thought that, unlike last year, there was little difference, if any, between the two teams.
3. The Iowa players really thought the scrimmage was valuable, because they each came away with something to focus on in their individual games.
4. The Iowa kids believe they are much improved as a team over last year, and the Creighton scrimmage confirmed it to a certain extent.

The scrimmage was valuable preparation for the games this season against a lot of good teams (Iowa State; UNI; Va Tech; Big Ten teams; etc. etc.)

Thanks for the info, ChosenOne, sure sounds like we have improved from the start of last season. Everyone should relax and have an orange slice. It was only a closed scrimmage and we did well. Believe it or not, it is all good......

Of course there are those who find fault in almost everything. That is their choice......

:)

Thanks for the info, ChosenOne, sure sounds like we have improved from the start of last season. Everyone should relax and have an orange slice. It was only a closed scrimmage and we did well. Believe it or not, it is all good......

Of course there are those who find fault in almost everything. That is their choice......

I'm not sure you've been following my comments accurately, jacknicholson. I didn't find fault in anything. I just said there was no evidence of "good news." Until now that is. Thanks, ChosenChildren

Glad you agree with me about the good news, grape.....

Just seemed obvious to me yesterday.......

Over and out on this topic......

Talk among yourselves.......

snl_mike_myers_linda_richman.jpg

:D

It sounds like they did pretty good. With Marble just getting over pneumonia it even sounds better.

Thats why I stay out and let them run their mouth off.I don't waanna be part of their arguements. BTW I'll take couple slices of oranges .

My slice was dry and had too many seeds in it. Sorry Jack I just couldn't resist that one. :)

Getting worked up over a closed scrimmage is like getting worked up over a preseason NFL game. No wait, it's even worse than that. I just like that Fran is able and willing to make something like this happen. Could pay off huge dividends in the early non-conf schedule. Gotta have something to look forward to in November.

Work with a guy who is a friend of a player. He said that McDermott and Creighton's center looked very, very good.

I don't mean to take this thread too off-topic, but it sounds like ISU beat Nebraska by about eleventy billion points in their secret scrimmage. It says basically nothing about ISU, but I think it confirms that Nebraska is terrible and should be easy wins for Iowa in the Big Ten.

Is this better grammerwise? couple slice of oranges?

One way to say it, Atomic, is: Rodajas de naranja......

When I was down on the island of Isla Mujeres near Cancun, I would get 2 liters of freshly squeezed Orange Juice for one dollar American. Had it for breakfast every day. We had to pay twenty dollars for a room though....

:D

[h=3][/h]

Latest posts