Iowa-Creighton scrimmage

Don't forget that Doug McDermott is a preseason All-American, BigD......

Excellent experience for Woody and Gabe.....

Exactly, how well would that speak of Woody if we hear he went toe to toe with those guys. I think by the time we get to the big ten conference tournament that Iowa will have the young players playing at a level where they will be able to compete and BEAT any team on any given night. I am hopefully that they actually are at that level much sooner in the season and next year........LOOK OUT BABY!!!!!!

creighton is overrated at 15. the voters are drooling over little chewy. they have a very weak preseason schedule though, so they wont be dropping soon.

i think UNI is the better team that ends up winning the MVC. however they have a killer schedule and no superstar so creighton will be getting all the pub despite mcdermott never having won a D-1 conference championship.

I love the enthusiasm for bb, but good night people.
I doubt that either coach was trying to "win" this scrimmage. Scrimmages aren't won. Coaches try different player combinations. They practice specific out of bounds plays. They may both play zone defense for a time, then man, then a full court press, 1/2 court trap, etc.
It's a glorified practice with a clock.
Take a deep breath. (Don't forget to exhale):rolleyes:

My point exactly.

You said the only way it is good is if Iowa won. Scrimmages are for coaches to evaluate, but you do want to come away with good things...not necessarily a win or loss...it is important to come away with things to work on...that is the point...you don't want to come away thinking you got trounced though....maybe some coaches wouldn't mind that though...helps to be an avenue to make some teaching points.

Latest posts