Iowa Corn responds via twitter

Nothing but baseball on the AM dial so I tuned into Marty's show and almost fell asleep. Can't decide who is worse, T & T in AM or Marty in afternoon.

A woman had to design this monstrosity and she probably lives in Canada.

The tweet sounds like someone is in a huff and is pouting at ICG because the ladies KNEW this was a fine trophy.

What it really does though is make this game even more of a joke than it already is.

The winner of an insignificant game in the State of Iowa gets a very very insignificant trophy...but I admit...the trophy is very cute.

One day this cute little trophy will be the rival Floyd of Rosedale in Iowan's hearts. Well maybe for the clowns.

All these negative comments from fans around the state should make ICG want to take their trophy and go home. Let's hope so. Does the game really need a sponsor anyway?

I suppose the clowns feel the need, they win so few trophies that they are thankful for ANY trophy they might win.

A trophy like that makes the game even more insignificant than the game already is. ICG just added an incredibly insignificant trophy.

I think ICG designed this trophy for the loser of the game to humiliate the school that loses.

One thing we know...if ICG is tweeting about the reactions, then we know they are getting the full brunt of all the negative comments.

That can't be a happy lot over there. I imagine Pollard is in their office crying with the staff because they think it is a beautiful trophy. How could people be SO mean. Barta is sitting in his office saying, I told you so.

Honestly, I feel kinda bad for the person or persons responsible. I imagine they saw the design for the first time and thought it was great and thought others would think it's great. Then this backlash happens. So now they're sulking in their office, dodging emails, turning their phones off, avoiding the public, embarrassed by their lapse in judgment.

Too bad they won't become famous like Ed Wood.

All this trophy does is strengthen the perception we Iowans are dumb hicks and all we have is corn. If they wanted the trophy to be about corn then fine, then make it a corn bushel basket with footballs coming out of it for crying out loud. I saw it and all I could think was "Wow", what a dumb *** trophy.

Hey I was real proud of that thanksgiving turkey I made in 2nd grade art class by tracing my hand. Can that be a trophy too?

Duff,
Your statements through this thread have been hilarious. thanks for the lol's. Good stuff, keep it coming.

Since the corn trophy is a dud, why don't we invite all the ag groups to also sponsor trophies for this game?

Iowa Turkey Federation: The Big Turkey Leg
Iowa Egg Council: The Deviled Egg
Iowa Pork Producers: The Iowa Chop
Iowa Beef Industry Council: The Golden Calf

Actually, there are a lot of pumpkin patches in Iowa. Why doesn't http://www.kathyspumpkinpatch.com/ sponsor The Great Pumpkin?

Looks like Iowa Corn was getting some not so nice tweets-

@iowa_corn's Tweets are protected.

Only confirmed followers have access to @iowa_corn's Tweets and complete profile. You need to send a request before you can start following this account.

But you would think that this Mindy would still see value in having all these followers even with negative publicity. She now has over 1200 followers.

Latest posts