Iowa Corn responds via twitter

jeez. my 13 year old daughter could come up with something better. she's a longhorn fan, doesn't like football, and has been taught to not like isu. but she could definitely come up with something much much better.

If they're worried about the expense of making a new trophy, I guarantee most of the fans from each side would pitch in...

NO_U.jpg

I don't have a problem with the fact that the trophy has nothing to do with football: a charging bull has nothing to do with football. Neither does Floyd the Pig. Neither does Paul Bunyan's Axe, or a giant jug, or a wagon wheel. But those are all cool trophy's with history behind them.

The problem I have with this trophy is that it reminds me of the artwork inside the pamphlets that the Jehovah's Witnesses leave inside my front screen door.

watchtower01.jpg

Also - Just because Iowa Corn sponsored it, why would they feel compelled to put a farm/corn theme on it?

HyVee never put a mother and father shopping with their children on the old one.

Or maybe HyVee should've put a bunch of little silver dolls sitting together at the family table sharing a nutritious meal and wholesome family conversation.

Also - Just because Iowa Corn sponsored it, why would they feel compelled to put a farm/corn theme on it?

HyVee never put a mother and father shopping with their children on the old one.

Or maybe HyVee should've put a bunch of little silver dolls sitting together at the family table sharing a nutritious meal and wholesome family conversation.

The corn is fine.

The trophy is all about the sponsor, with zero consideration given to football, the rivalry, or the schools.

This is what happens when you whore out sponsorships to any interested parties. They were lucky the Hy-Vee trophy wasn't a shopping cart.

Also, the trophy should be bronze or gold, not that nickel/pewter color.

Someone earlier said the trophy should honor Nile Kinnick and Jack Trice - I like that idea.

I don't have a problem that it's about Corn. It's sponsored by Iowa corn for God's sakes. My problem is that it looks like a freaking Precious Moments Hallmark figurine.

I don't have a problem with the fact that the trophy has nothing to do with football: a charging bull has nothing to do with football. Neither does Floyd the Pig. Neither does Paul Bunyan's Axe, or a giant jug, or a wagon wheel. But those are all cool trophy's with history behind them.

The problem I have with this trophy is that it reminds me of the artwork inside the pamphlets that the Jehovah's Witnesses leave inside my front screen door.

watchtower01.jpg

I was just going to say this. None of the really cool trophies in college football have anything to do with football. But Paul Bunyan's Ax? Come on, who wouldn't want to run across the field to wield that thing? It's just cool, even without any history. This thing has no history, and is not cool.

The new trophy is absolutely horrid. This was supposed to be a trophy awarded to the winner of a football game ... It was not meant to be a shrine in honor of The Field of Dreams.

Latest posts