Iowa Corn responds via twitter

My guess is a lot of people are fingerpointing and looking for cover because when public opinion is running 90+% negative then this is a colossial failure.

90+% might actually be a low estimate. I haven't read every single post, but I'm yet to see someone say they actually like the thing. When ESPN bothers to mention it, you know it must be bad...

I don't have a problem with the "art" or the theme - it just doesn't belong on top of a college football trophy.

Should have had Hayden Fry design the trophy. I'm betting we would have ended up with something college football players would be proud to hoist over their heads after winning it.

Hey I was real proud of that thanksgiving turkey I made in 2nd grade art class by tracing my hand. Can that be a trophy too?

Waaaaaait a second. So the people who help come up with the trophy like it? No Way! If the respect the fans they will change it. What's worse changing the trophy now or letting the world see it for years to come?

Iowa Corn has gotten as much pub from this than they could have ever hoped for. No such thing as bad press.

Jon-you should be thrilled with the new trophy-look at all the revenue it's generating for ya. ;)

97% of the fans hate this trophy. The game is for the fans. If there were no fans in the stands the game would not be played. If the sponsor forces the trophy on us the team should leave it on the side lines when they leave the field at the end of the game.

Iowa Corn has gotten as much pub from this than they could have ever hoped for. No such thing as bad press.

Jon-you should be thrilled with the new trophy-look at all the revenue it's generating for ya. ;)

How much pub does CORN need? It is already in everything we eat. We use it as fuel. Hell, we use it for everything. Are they afraid that corn is going to lose market share to potatos?

Marty was screaming into the microphone defending the new cyhawk trophy. you should listen to the podcast. I would link it but i am drivinng my truck right now. sorry

Of course Iowa Corn is proud of it - It's entirely about a farming/rural Iowa lifestyle.

But... IT HAS NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH FOOTBALL!

Would they like it if one of the football programs sponsored their annual Outstanding Iowa Farmer Award and slapped a great big football on it and nothing else?

The only reason the UI or ISU ADs didn't balk at it is because of all the $$$ they get from them.

I think one team has to beat the other 10 straight times to claim the trophy. Winning it would be more meaningful ... and delay it's possession until 2021.

Latest posts