Iowa Bowl Predictions

Which Bowl Will Iowa Go To

• Total voters
I agree for the most part but they do have a valid point. Wiscy's traveling fanbase has been to Pasadena the last three years. When you get that spoiled anything less is a downer. Iowa is going to bring a lot of fans this year after sitting out last winter. I think they bring even more yet if they jump up another bowl level. Then again the more a team jumps up the tougher the competition gets.

Also, a lot of Wisconsin's fans traveled to Arizona for a road game earlier this season. They may have some fans who are reluctant to spend on a second big road trip this year if the bowl trip isn't as prestigious as those from the past few years.

Those who think Capital One, please explain your rationale.

Just a feeling. Although I've seen the Cap 1 bowl executive point out they take the head to head result as one of the top factors, and how many tickets they can sell lower in the list... It seems like we've been through this all before. Everyone has the logical bowl in the predictions, and on Sunday - word starts to leak out about a surprise. And the surprise never does quite fit logic, but whatever. Already seeing some action on Twitter...

I just don't see Iowa going to Cap 1, don't see how they pick Iowa over Wisconsin.

Iowa -v- LSU in Outback is my guess.

I just don't see Iowa going to Cap 1, don't see how they pick Iowa over Wisconsin.

Iowa -v- LSU in Outback is my guess.

Because of fan support / ticket sales vs Wisconsin (Wisky = some perceived travel fatigue). And, although the head to head is important on their "list", so is how the teams finished. Iowa - won at Nebby. Wisky, loss at PSU. Both teams unranked.

Because of fan support / ticket sales vs Wisconsin (Wisky = some perceived travel fatigue). And, although the head to head is important on their "list", so is how the teams finished. Iowa - won at Nebby. Wisky, loss at PSU. Both teams unranked.

What Steve Hogan says vs. what the FCS Board and Selection Committee does can be vastly different. Hogan can see, every year at Feast On the 50, that Wiscy has ZERO organized fan-club here in Orlando. But a 9-3 vs. an 8-4, one that has been close to BCS-possible vs. a team that many--among their own fanbase--were debating bowl eligibility as late as early November? I have a pretty good idea who they will pick.

Latest posts