Iowa Beat Indiana because they made FTs. That was the difference maker right there.

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
20-25 (80%).

That's night and day from earlier in the year.
Iowa made more than Indiana shot. You win ballgames with those types of stats.

Re: Iowa Beat Indiana because they made FTs. That was the difference maker right the

You're absolutely right. Ask Mr. Davis... :)

Re: Iowa Beat Indiana because they made FTs. That was the difference maker right the

'Lost' in that 20/25 is two missed front ends of one and ones. Gatens had one of those misses too. Gatens missed his right around when IU was getting ready to push the lead to 10 and helped contribute to the double digit deficit. At the time of the miss IU was up 6, Gatens was fouled on a questionable entry pass down low. He misses, IU rebounds and scores on the other end. 4 Point swing.

I think McCabe had the other front end miss in the first 1/2. That too resulted in a 4 point swing.

Missing the front end of a one and one is dang near a TO.

Missed FT's are always killer, though I've long been a proponent of it's not how many you miss, but when you miss 'em.

One thing we're sorely lacking right now is consistent 3 point shooters. Outside of Gatens we don't have anybody else that the other team really needs to worry about from there. Early in the season May looked to be a threat. As of late he'll pass that shot up more often than not.

I think next year McCabe and hopefully Marble will be more comfortable and consistent from that distance. Oglesby should help too.

One of the Four Factors is getting to the FT line. Iowa is finally doing that. I can't remember how many years I watch Iowa barely get to the line 6 times a game.

Not to change the course of this thread, but short of making another one, when is the last time the forum was almost full of basketball related threads in a positive way? Nice change of pace to say the least.

And I thought the same thing yesterday Spank. We would have a few more W's if we could have shot at that clip all year.

I remember Archie going to the line for a 1 and 1. Can't remember exactly when it was. He was fouled off the ball, almost as Iowa got the ball across half court. I thought to myself, "this is just a turnover!"

'Lost' in that 20/25 is two missed front ends of one and ones. Gatens had one of those misses too. Gatens missed his right around when IU was getting ready to push the lead to 10 and helped contribute to the double digit deficit. At the time of the miss IU was up 6, Gatens was fouled on a questionable entry pass down low. He misses, IU rebounds and scores on the other end. 4 Point swing.

I think McCabe had the other front end miss in the first 1/2. That too resulted in a 4 point swing.

Missing the front end of a one and one is dang near a TO.

Missed FT's are always killer, though I've long been a proponent of it's not how many you miss, but when you miss 'em.

One thing we're sorely lacking right now is consistent 3 point shooters. Outside of Gatens we don't have anybody else that the other team really needs to worry about from there. Early in the season May looked to be a threat. As of late he'll pass that shot up more often than not.

I think next year McCabe and hopefully Marble will be more comfortable and consistent from that distance. Oglesby should help too.

Wrong.
Iowa won because of Lickliter

Latest posts