Iowa BB is on the right track

45 points in the second half, Cole going out withn 4 fouls really hurt, composure/ habits at the end that hurt.

Sure looked good at times.

One thing is for sure, these young men are not playing to "keep it close" and reading several players expressions they were not happy letting this one slip away down the stretch but once we get a full 40min without the occasional mental lapse they are going to start reaping the benefit of their hard work.

Going into the game I was hoping the Hawks would just make it interesting. Then with 5 minuetes to play I was hoping for a win. Is it good to be mad at a loss? I would say yes, finally. The kids played good last night. Followed the gameplan and are starting to get Coach Lick's system down on offense. 1 step at a time but keep going forward.

Fun game to watch. Glad to be mad at losing again.

I am not mad at it, because I am expecting it.

That is the difference in what 'used to be'.

Spank: I will still bet you $5 that Iowa will not win 4 more games this year. Interested?

I want to lose the bet, I do. But, I am confident it would work in my favor.

I agree - I'm PO'ed and it feels great, lol.

Seriously, a bitter pill to swallow tonight. The Hawks led for much of the game and let it slip away. I saw some bad habits surface again on offense the last 5 minutes of the game.. Too much dribbling around and chucking long 3's IMO towards the end, but hopefully experience will solve that problem going forward. Cully looked good dishing assists tonight.

The Buckeyes were giving different looks on D in the last 7 minutes. They confused us and made us spread our offense out. You're right experience will definitely help with this issue. I guess we can be lucky they didn't do that the whole game. Same with the press. But we were breaking the press nicely I thought. They're getting better. That's all I've been asking for.

The Buckeyes were giving different looks on D in the last 7 minutes. They confused us and made us spread our offense out. You're right experience will definitely help with this issue. I guess we can be lucky they didn't do that the whole game. Same with the press. But we were breaking the press nicely I thought. They're getting better. That's all I've been asking for.

Agreed, OSU's defense deserves some of the credit for this as well. Yes, they had less trouble with the press last night than I thought they might.

I'm with you that showing competetive fire and improving through the season is what I was asking for the remainder of this season. Just as long as it continues, and it carries over to next year, we should be fine in the long run.

Just keep improving.

Latest posts