Iowa BB is on the right track

vaHawkeye

If I had told you ahead of time that Iowa was ahead and commanding the game with under five minutes left to play, I'm not certain that most would have believed. This team gave a great effort tonight and I had fun watching Iowa BB for the first time in years.

Great effort on both sides of the floor again tonight. May is fun to watch, seems he has a great block once a game. Keep improving Hawks. It looks like tese guys are just playing as of late and not thinking to much and they have a bit of a swagger to them to.........Cully and Cole seem to have the attitude on the team.

someone needs to ban TChawk for the night. acting like a little child.

disagree took iowa playing great and osu to play like crap to keep it to an 8 point loss.
You don't think that May playing great defense on Tucker all night had anything to do with OSU and their effort? Your dumber than I thought, Iowa played good defense all night and rebounded the ball well again. Go take some midol PMS and go to bed junior.

disagree took iowa playing great and osu to play like crap to keep it to an 8 point loss.

must have not watched the game.

Lick outcoached Matta the ENTIRE game. The only difference was a couple more athletes for OSU the last 2:30.

Question.....maybe OSU didn't play like crap....maybe iowa is just starting to play some good d?

I'll say it again...just because 'm bored.....

They are starting to play together and really run the offense....not a slow down and lull the D to sleep, but a legitimately solid offense. Way to go LICK!

It also hurt when Cole had to sit for 6 + minutes with 4 fouls.

I'll say it again...just because 'm bored.....

They are starting to play together and really run the offense....not a slow down and lull the D to sleep, but a legitimately solid offense. Way to go LICK!

It also hurt when Cole had to sit for 6 + minutes with 4 fouls.

Bingo. I have to wonder how much Cole being in foul trouble really hurt tonight.

I hate to admit it but man I took alot away from this loss tonight. Iowa played very hard and just couldn't overcome at the end.

Fun game to watch. Glad to be mad at losing again.

I agree - I'm PO'ed and it feels great, lol.

Seriously, a bitter pill to swallow tonight. The Hawks led for much of the game and let it slip away. I saw some bad habits surface again on offense the last 5 minutes of the game.. Too much dribbling around and chucking long 3's IMO towards the end, but hopefully experience will solve that problem going forward. Cully looked good dishing assists tonight.

Gatens had a serious ankle sprain and was about 75% tonight. With a healthy Gatens, I think we win this game.

I thought Payne played well for most of the game.

This is a very young team that is getting better.

I agree - I'm PO'ed and it feels great, lol.

Seriously, a bitter pill to swallow tonight. The Hawks led for much of the game and let it slip away. I saw some bad habits surface again on offense the last 5 minutes of the game.. Too much dribbling around and chucking long 3's IMO towards the end, but hopefully experience will solve that problem going forward. Cully looked good dishing assists tonight.

I agree, they totally p!ssed that thing away at the end. I thought for a few possessions they tried to run up and down the court with Ohio St., and what happened, of course Ohio St. got a couple easy baskets.

I loved the effort though, and playing in close games will only help the confidence of this team. We hung in though, play gutting the whole game, and really were in control most of the way. As the team gets better, they need to learn to close those games out though.

Latest posts