Iowa Basketball Recruits

I will say this. It does look like there is a little muscle definition coming in for him, I’m sure he’s been hitting the weight room hard. Also his outside stroke looks like it is improving.

I’m still in the redshirt him next year camp, but I’m high on his future potential.

Yeah, weight could always be a problem for him, but you are right he looks stronger for sure. The nice thing is I don't think Pat is a 4 at all. He is too quick off the bounce, he will play the 3 spot. I never really liked Nunge or Uthoff playing the 3 because they simply weren't quick enough off the bounce. Patrick on the other hand looks quick enough to guard the opposing 3. If he is playing and guarding the other teams 3, while strength is important, quickness and length is important too. I'm beginning to think he will contribute immediately taking over Baers role next year.

Yeah, weight could always be a problem for him, but you are right he looks stronger for sure. The nice thing is I don't think Pat is a 4 at all. He is too quick off the bounce, he will play the 3 spot. I never really liked Nunge or Uthoff playing the 3 because they simply weren't quick enough off the bounce. Patrick on the other hand looks quick enough to guard the opposing 3. If he is playing and guarding the other teams 3, while strength is important, quickness and length is important too. I'm beginning to think he will contribute immediately taking over Baers role next year.
Baer has spent a good deal of time at the 4 this year and I think he plays well in that spot. Pat I think will need to bulk up obviously to spend big minutes at the 4 but I think he will play both the 3 and 4 spots. As you note it appears he may be a bit quicker than Nunge, Uthoff, and Baer.

I was wondering how long Pat’s wingspan was so I did a little digging. Joe W reportedly has a 7’ wingspan which I think has been pretty advantageous. I found an HN thread that included some of Pat’s measurables from the USA camp. It looks like his wingspan is only 6’6 which isn’t great considering a listed height of 6’8.5 with shoes. His standing reach of 8’9 is fairly solid though, and that’s actually a big measurement NBA scouts use. He also reported a 35 inch vertical which is very solid for that type of height.
https://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum...eights-weights-from-usa-basketball-u18.83399/

Joe T better be good. Otherwise we're gunna have an all white lineup in a couple years.

Connor
Wieskamp
Patrick
Nunge
Garza
Doesn't matter as long as they can play. Lute's best Iowa teams frequently had about three African Americans on them.

Tom Davis 1990 crash and burn job had plenty, especially when Ray Thompson and Brian Garner were eligible.

Todd Lickliter' 2008 team was probably about half and half.

Doesn't matter as long as they can play. Lute's best Iowa teams frequently had about three African Americans on them.

Tom Davis 1990 crash and burn job had plenty, especially when Ray Thompson and Brian Garner were eligible.

Todd Lickliter' 2008 team was probably about half and half.
It just sucks when all of your players can only be sneaky athletic.

Baer has spent a good deal of time at the 4 this year and I think he plays well in that spot. Pat I think will need to bulk up obviously to spend big minutes at the 4 but I think he will play both the 3 and 4 spots. As you note it appears he may be a bit quicker than Nunge, Uthoff, and Baer.

I was wondering how long Pat’s wingspan was so I did a little digging. Joe W reportedly has a 7’ wingspan which I think has been pretty advantageous. I found an HN thread that included some of Pat’s measurables from the USA camp. It looks like his wingspan is only 6’6 which isn’t great considering a listed height of 6’8.5 with shoes. His standing reach of 8’9 is fairly solid though, and that’s actually a big measurement NBA scouts use. He also reported a 35 inch vertical which is very solid for that type of height.
https://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum...eights-weights-from-usa-basketball-u18.83399/

Baer isn't a post type player. Sure he is technically the "4" when he is out there alone with Cook, Garza or Kriener, but that matters little in todays game. There are very few teams that have two real "post" players on the court at one time, so Baer isn't asked to guard a 6'10 true post type player. So while I get what you are saying, yes Baer is the "4" at times this year, he isn't asked to do post player things. I think Patrick will be the same, he might be the "4" out there, but he won't be guarding a post player.

Baer isn't a post type player. Sure he is technically the "4" when he is out there alone with Cook, Garza or Kriener, but that matters little in todays game. There are very few teams that have two real "post" players on the court at one time, so Baer isn't asked to guard a 6'10 true post type player. So while I get what you are saying, yes Baer is the "4" at times this year, he isn't asked to do post player things. I think Patrick will be the same, he might be the "4" out there, but he won't be guarding a post player.
Correct, basketball is going smaller, which is why I view Pat as a 3/4.

Has PMAC added height?
Walked past him a couple home games ago-seems like he added an inch or so...Also has added some weight.

Bettendorf and DJ Carton knocked out as well. Dubuque Senior and UNI bound Noah Carter, for the second year in a row, knocked them out in the substate final. Senior was a seven seed, Bettendorf a one. But Dubuque Senior has Wendell Eimers, one of the most underrated coaches in the state of Iowa.

Bettendorf and DJ Carton knocked out as well. Dubuque Senior and UNI bound Noah Carter, for the second year in a row, knocked them out in the substate final. Senior was a seven seed, Bettendorf a one. But Dubuque Senior has Wendell Eimers, one of the most underrated coaches in the state of Iowa.

Latest posts