Iowa basketball needs fixed ASAP.

Remember a couple years ago when we played non conference games against terrible teams and we could do whatever we wanted on offense and they were just heaving balls at the basket because that's the only shots they could get off. That's what we looked like today against Rutgers. I've never seen a power 5 school throw up so many horrible shots.
Our team was constructed to play through the post, but the only problem is we haven’t taught the art of a post entry pass and our big men don’t know how to hold their position down there.

He wasn't in every year, but I was just kidding. If Davis kept Davis, Kingsbury and Street another 2 years each, things might have been a bit different.
Man, that would have been something. Still, I would take Mr. Davis back in a heartbeat (or his consistent results) compared to what we have had since then.

Our team was constructed to play through the post, but the only problem is we haven’t taught the art of a post entry pass and our big men don’t know how to hold their position down there.

We are the only team in college BB that doesn't spread the floor. Nobody has any room to move and or operate as we are not spacing the floor like every team does in the NBA and NCAA now.

This team has so many fundamental flaws individually and as units.
That is a reflection on the entire coaching staff.

Dom Uhl as a small sample. He can play. But for four years, still shoots the ball from his chest like an eighth grader.
Not ONE coach got with him in the summer gym and MADE him change his shot with proper form and alignment? Feel bad for the kid.

How can a team go from scoring over 100 points to 30 midway through 2nd half in a week? This is just embarrassing. Youth,injures and transfers are understandable but halfway through the season and this team has no chemistry or development. If this continues through next year a change has to happen. My son and I have been to many home games last year and a few this year. We’re on the verge of season tickets but I just can’t spend hard earned money on a terriable product. I bleed black and gold. Will always Love my Hawks but to keep regular fans and even hardcore fans interested you have to give them a decent product. Either way Barda need to step down and get some fresh blood with fresh ideas into the program
The only reason they scored 100 is because they played 5 quarters.

Hopefully in about 10 more years, all the old people will be done going to games and we can start building Carver with a young crowd. It's gotta be a huge disadvantage to try to build a team with Carver the way it is.

Carver needs to go to. That atmosphere that we had in Sioux Falls was the best I’ve ever seen for an Iowa game that I can remember. We need fans and crazy students on top of the court and cheering loudly all game. Carver is a joke and will forever be

I was going to point out the silver lining...80% from the line!!! Then I realized it was on only 10 attempts..and 2 players made all the throws.

Carver needs to go to. That atmosphere that we had in Sioux Falls was the best I’ve ever seen for an Iowa game that I can remember. We need fans and crazy students on top of the court and cheering loudly all game. Carver is a joke and will forever be

Agreed. It's not like we're coming anywhere close to selling out Carver so cut capacity down to about 8,000, put the students in a better spot, and you'll have an environment that is actually intimidating and fun to play in.

If we are not going to change coaching staff or the AD then the powers that be need to ask for the University to step down from the NCAA to a lower level conference. At least then we could be playing teams that our recruiting would be at par with.

We are the only team in college BB that doesn't spread the floor. Nobody has any room to move and or operate as we are not spacing the floor like every team does in the NBA and NCAA now.

I see guards feed the post and just stand there and watch. Every other team in the world has their guards drift down to the corner or something. Not us. Our guards just stand there and make defending them easy. Such a simple play that works all the time and our guys don't do it.

Makes you wonder, the entry passes are just awful. It must be frustrating to seal off your defender and never get the ball. Then suddenly you get a bullet pass from a wing player out of control at your feet. The guards can't make simple lob passes or bounce passes, it's the by-product of trying to make a point guard out of a shooting guard. Is it just me or has the entire conference upgraded on talent this year, except us? Anything in transition our guys just pull up instead of attacking, they don't shoot or drive, very frustrating.

Athleticism. We don't have it.

Leadership. We don't have it.

Heart. We don't have it.

"Great kid from a great family." Fran's recruiting philosophy.

Agreed. It's not like we're coming anywhere close to selling out Carver so cut capacity down to about 8,000, put the students in a better spot, and you'll have an environment that is actually intimidating and fun to play in.
That means about 16K needles.
Better expand it larger than the Knapp Center.

Now that Wichita State has moved, this team would OWN the Missouri Valley.

As long as we could play UNI a home-and-neutral series.