Iowa basketball needs fixed ASAP.

Scott Leclair

How can a team go from scoring over 100 points to 30 midway through 2nd half in a week? This is just embarrassing. Youth,injures and transfers are understandable but halfway through the season and this team has no chemistry or development. If this continues through next year a change has to happen. My son and I have been to many home games last year and a few this year. We’re on the verge of season tickets but I just can’t spend hard earned money on a terriable product. I bleed black and gold. Will always Love my Hawks but to keep regular fans and even hardcore fans interested you have to give them a decent product. Either way Barda need to step down and get some fresh blood with fresh ideas into the program

The only way that's happening is with a new coach. There is no hope on the roster as currently constructed, and Wieskamp isn't going to magically make us a good team. This team desperately needs a good point guard and a lot more athleticism. There's no reason Iowa can't play tough defense like Rutgers. I just don't see any way this team wins more games next season. They are terrible defensively, they turn the ball over a ton, they aren't aggressive, they aren't mentally tough, and they go into extended ice cold shooting slumps every game. Barta needs to make a move after this season. To not do so is to say he's okay with our program being the worst in the conference for a second year in a row.

How can a team go from scoring over 100 points to 30 midway through 2nd half in a week? This is just embarrassing. Youth,injures and transfers are understandable but halfway through the season and this team has no chemistry or development. If this continues through next year a change has to happen. My son and I have been to many home games last year and a few this year. We’re on the verge of season tickets but I just can’t spend hard earned money on a terriable product. I bleed black and gold. Will always Love my Hawks but to keep regular fans and even hardcore fans interested you have to give them a decent product. Either way Barda need to step down and get some fresh blood with fresh ideas into the program

IL is that bad.

Not a great time to be a Hawkeye. I don’t see a way out for Fran next year either. If we don’t win another game in conference then Barta would be totally justified in firing Fran. Do I think Barta will do it? No. He is a welfare AD. Paying million dollar salaries where they are no longer earned.

It's hard to believe that two years ago at about this time, Iowa was ranked #3 in the country. It's been pretty much a total sh!tshow since that point, starting with that year's meltdown. NIT last year, with only Illinois saving us from dead last this year.

Going the wrong direction here...

Not a great time to be a Hawkeye. I don’t see a way out for Fran next year either. If we don’t win another game in conference then Barta would be totally justified in firing Fran. Do I think Barta will do it? No. He is a welfare AD. Paying million dollar salaries where they are no longer earned.

I read somewhere that John Wooden made 50,000 his final year at UCLA. I know, I know, it was 75. But did Fran and Kirk see the future when they entered coaching? I don't know the answer, but at least one of them figured out if you were gonna be a coach, Iowa was the place to do it at.

I read somewhere that John Wooden made 50,000 his final year at UCLA. I know, I know, it was 75. But did Fran and Kirk see the future when they entered coaching? I don't know the answer, but at least one of them figured out if you were gonna be a coach, Iowa was the place to do it at.
Sad thing a number of people could coach this team to a 10-10 record for 50,000 today and save the U of I a ton of money.

Fran has peaked at what he can do at Iowa. We used to fire guys who got to the NCAA every year and won 1st round game each year. Now we languish away under a Alford and now Fran and have become a completely irrelevant BB program.

Who got fired being in the NCAA every year?

Remember a couple years ago when we played non conference games against terrible teams and we could do whatever we wanted on offense and they were just heaving balls at the basket because that's the only shots they could get off. That's what we looked like today against Rutgers. I've never seen a power 5 school throw up so many horrible shots.

As it should. This team sucks and these players suck. Save yourself the pain and stop watching this year. The laundry will be held up in November in the exact same way.

Hopefully in about 10 more years, all the old people will be done going to games and we can start building Carver with a young crowd. It's gotta be a huge disadvantage to try to build a team with Carver the way it is.