~ Iowa Basketball Career Records to Watch ~

JG10Hawk

1619370356398.png

Recent Update Movements & Stats to Watch:
  • Jordan Bohannon passed Matt Gatens and is now 9th all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 37 points away from tying Ronnie Lester for 7th all time in career points
  • Luka Garza is 23 blocks away from tying Jarrod Uthoff for 4th all time in career blocks
  • Luka Garza is 16 free throws made away from tying Don Nelson for 5th all time in career free throws made
  • Luka Garza is 59 rebounds away from tying Greg Brunner for 1st all time in career rebounds
  • Joe Wieskamp is 15 points away from tying Jarrod Uthoff for 23rd all time in career points
  • Joe Wieskamp is 9 three pointers made away from tying Brody Boyd for 8th all time in career three pointers made
  • Connor McCaffery is 7 assists away from tying Kenny Arnold for 10th all time in career assists

All stats are up to date through the Oregon game as of 4/25/2021

Note that all career totals come from the University of Iowa's website and official media guide. I simply have added in the current players.

I'll try to keep this up to date as best as I can as the season goes on. If any other players get close to cracking the top ten I'll add them. If you notice anybody getting close to cracking the top ten or if you spot any errors or miscalculations feel free to let me know and I'll fix it. This is meant to allow people to find out where the current players rank among the all time Iowa greats and create discussion on where people think they will end up in the respective categories. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Roy Sr's scoring record is safe, but Dev & White will both end up pretty high on the all-time list..

I'd say White has a good shot at Marble's FT's made record, though. In fact, looks like he's on pace to break it..

Earl's blocked shot record is gonna be tough to beat.

I'd say if White averages 13 ppg (about his average) the rest of this year, and Iowa plays 10 more games (6 regular season, 2 in the BTT, and 2 in the NCAA's, for a total of 35 games) that will get him to about 1340 points, with a year to go. That's about 780 points shy of the scoring record.

If you assume 35 more games next year, White would need to average a little over 22 per game to get there. So he's probably gonna come up short, but he has a great shot at 2nd place.

He'd have to average almost 19 per game to reach 2000.

That's assuming BTT & post-season games count, and no injuries.

White will be the all time FT made leader

Insanity, the number of assists Woolridge racked up. I miss him

I didn't realize Oliver was only a couple steals shy of Bowen

Kent Mac made 214 3's. Wow. He was not fast, couldn't jump, not very tall, and didn't shoot over anyone. Oglesby is faster off the ball, his feet actually leave the ground to shoot. He works incredibly hard to get open. How can KM have that many more 3's. I know he was a great shooter, but he had to be wide open.

Surprised Recker is in the top 10 in his short time also

Brunner was a beast

good post, brings back some memories

HA, you said Looby

Last edited:
When I saw Jess Settles at the B&G blowout, it seemed like he had more/darker hair than when he was young. I don't think he is fooling anyone......... of course I was younger when he played, but I've always thought of Jess as an old man, with his bad back and thinning hair. Didn't help that he spent the better part of a decade as a hawk. Like Van Wilder

Another thing to remember is Haluska, Woolridge, Kingsbury and Recker put these numbers up in less than 4 season.

There may be others that I missed that didnt play 4 years here as well.

Another thing to remember is Haluska, Woolridge, Kingsbury and Recker put these numbers up in less than 4 season.

There may be others that I missed that didn't play 4 years here as well.
ahhh, I forgot Kingsbury didn't play 4 years. Why?

Everytime I have the urge to pee on something that is not a toilet, I think of Kingsbury.

I was told he would smoke an entire pack of cigarettes while out drinking during the season, no wonder his face was always bright red.

I remember being at CHA after some event was over and getting to shoot 3's with Chris and Bobby Hansen.

White will be the all time FT made leader

Insanity, the number of assists Woolridge racked up. I miss him

I didn't realize Oliver was only a couple steals shy of Bowen

Kent Mac made 214 3's. Wow. He was not fast, couldn't jump, not very tall, and didn't shoot over anyone. Oglesby is faster off the ball, his feet actually leave the ground to shoot. He works incredibly hard to get open. How can KM have that many more 3's. I know he was a great shooter, but he had to be wide open.

Surprised Recker is in the top 10 in his short time also

Brunner was a beast

good post, brings back some memories

HA, you said Looby
Very strong possibility.

What ever happened to Luke Recker? I remember hearing that his Dad lived in Washington IA, that is why he ended up a hawk. When I moved here that had come up in conversation, and everyone looked at me like I was speaking jibberish

I know at one point Woolridge applied to be an assistant coach at Iowa. Then I read about his basketball Dojo in Sacramento(?).

Sorry OP, I'm reminiscing about the past instead of comparing current player right now. No extremely exciting chases really going on now except Marble's scoring. It would be cool to see him end up in second. The hawks need to make good BTT and tourney runs to really give him that chance. 236 points in 10 games, ehhh. 236 points in 12 games is 20ppg. It is possible, he had a good run in the NIT last year. I figure he will finish right around B.J. Armstrong. Good company. That would be 162 pts in 10 games 16.2ppg (about his average) 13.5ppg over 12 games. Possibly between BJ and Stokes