Iowa at OSU 2024

Surprisingly, 31-24. We have great 2nd half but its not quite enough. We are driving down field for tying TD and its a deflected pass for in INT

OSU 34
Iowa 20

I believe Kirk has one more “shock the world” win in him, but this isn’t it. Watching Georgia/Alabama I have come to the conclusion that you need a dude at quarterback. I’m not overly impressed with Will Howard, but at this point in the season I don’t think CM is capable of throwing the haymaker needed to win.

They keep it close for three quarters and superior talent takes over in the 4th.

November 4, 2017. We will always have November 4, 2017.

Unfortunately, this will be October 5, 2024 and we will likely see the reverse - Ohio State 55 - Iowa 24. Except I don't think we can score 24. To end this stream of conscious gibberish, my final thought is Ohio State 42 - Iowa 10.

42-13 OSU

By the second half you’ll be doing chores and other shit that needs to get done around the house. Johnson will not get 100 yds unfortunately.

The running game and defense won't be enough. You need a passing game against a top 5 team which we don't have unless Tim got it going in the last two weeks. I wish it weren't so but the QB play has to improve to ever have a chance to win games like this. A reality we haven't addressed yet at Iowa.

My thoughts which are worth nothing:

1. This game comes down to the secondary. OSU is absolutely going to air mail that ball because a) they have the horses, and b) they've seen us get absolutely torched on the regular. It's going to get aired out immediately...my prediction is the 2nd scrimmage play from OSU is going to be a 40 yd post route. If that torching happens again, we are cooked. Kaleb Johnson is Obi-Wan Kenobi here, as in our only hope, and if he gets shut down because we get burned for 7 three to four times we can no longer run the ball. CM is then going to be forced to scramble (OSU is going to bring the house) and throw the ball under duress. We know what happens with that.

2. While even I'll admit that BF called a good game in '17, something no one seems to be mentioning is that's the game we uncharacteristically blitzed like crazy and Urbs wasn't prepared for it. It was talked about on this board a whole lot at the time. Because this DB group is the weakest one of the entire Phil Parker era, they need to do it again. Catch their OL with it's pants down. Phil is smarter football-wise than everyone on this board put together and squared...he obviously knows how well that worked back then even if it's a totally different OSU team and staff. What he chooses is up to him.

3. If the DL can get to Howard it's going to be a 28-16 OSU affair with KJ getting some yards and a score. If they can't, hold on to your butts. 41-6 OSU with Howard pulled halfway through the 3rd quarter. The Hawks can be ok with a 28-16 loss going into Oct. 12 and let CM win a close one against a bad Washington team with KJ's magic. If it's the latter...welp...you can just relax for the rest of the year, enjoy watching KJ make a run at the rushing title, and book a flight to Rudyard, Montana for the Ron's A-1 Muffler Shop Bowl presented by Tidy Cat. I'll have fun either way.

1727716784030.png

42-13 OSU

By the second half you’ll be doing chores and other shit that needs to get done around the house. Johnson will not get 100 yds unfortunately.
I have to change oil in one of our vehicles, paint a cinderblock wall that heaved during the floods a few months ago, and mow lawn. I'm a 5:30 AM riser so it'll get done in plenty of time. Our plan is to stop whatever we're doing at noon, put some catfish on the grill, and watch the game/eat in the garage. If it gets way out of hand I have some other repair projects I can tinker on in the garage while I watch the game. My days of getting angry at college kids playing a game are doneski. Go Hawks.

Latest posts