Iowa Announces Jordan Bohannon Will Miss Rest of Season After Hip Surgery

Really? Is that really how you feel? But it seems like a shaky memory at best and if you don't feel that way, that's fine, but I guess I just remember his first 2 seasons a lot differently from the majority of fan aspect. Jordan was a fall back. We didn't land Ullis. He couldn't guard, too slow - Fran can't recruit a point guard. We need a point guard. Jordan's not a point guard.... it was thing. The fact that we had to play him was a direct look at why Fran hasn't been successful. I know because I spent those years defending the kid tooth and nail on this site and every where in general. Now, all of those things may have been true, but I also felt that his O game and shooting made up for it. People wanted him benched for half his career.... mostly because he couldn't defend or penetrate.

I will say this, national perception - LOVES Jbo. He's hasn't been slighted there nearly as much. The peeps that vote for things like all conference, they recognize the game.... it was mostly our own fan base and Iowian's in general.... ie, ISU fans and students, Iowa fans.... etc. Rob and Bru discussed just that on the last hoops cast fwiw.
You are relating a fan forum to the real world. I highly doubt Jbo spends his time reading message boards.

Like I said a lot of real hawkeye fans that go to games that have kids loved Jbo. He would post and retweet stuff on his Twitter all the time.

His sophomore year, yes we sucked there wasn’t really anything positive going on in the program.

There were absolutely haters and I hope he used them as motivation, but Jbo has and had a lot of fans as well.

You are relating a fan forum to the real world. I highly doubt Jbo spends his time reading message boards.

Like I said a lot of real hawkeye fans that go to games that have kids loved Jbo. He would post and retweet stuff on his Twitter all the time.

His sophomore year, yes we sucked there wasn’t really anything positive going on in the program.

There were absolutely haters and I hope he used them as motivation, but Jbo has and had a lot of fans as well.

oh for certain, I've been in his corner and one of his biggest fans since day 1, but there was a vocal minority using him as the crutch for Iowa basketball's problems for his first 2 seasons. It was unfair and I literally spent those 2 years just basically sticking up for him, it was exhausting. To be honest, Jordan seems like a kid who would read message boards. He's been trolling haters since his freshman year. I agree with you, he was overwhelmingly supported by the base....but it's pretty clear reading his comments through out the years that he uses people who doubt him as motivation.

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/basketball/howe-regardless-labels-jordan-bohannon-special

It was a thing, IMO....that's all I was saying. Jordan has said he's out to prove his doubters wrong, and there was some vocal detractors his first few years. IMO, he's one of my most beloved Hawkeyes ever.

From the article.

Bohannon represents a debate. No matter what he accomplishes, and it’s been a lot in his two years, compliments of him usually are couched with a steady criticism – he’s not a point guard.

I joked Tuesday that he must enjoy being asked about it. He told me it’s funny. Then he went on to say that he often begins his day with someone questioning him on social media.

“You gotta love it. It gets me going,” he said.

It wasn't just this board, I live in Iowa City, I heard it almost everyday. Lots of big money boosters and people close to the program.

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/basketball/howe-regardless-labels-jordan-bohannon-special

It was a thing, IMO....that's all I was saying. Jordan has said he's out to prove his doubters wrong, and there was some vocal detractors his first few years. IMO, he's one of my most beloved Hawkeyes ever.

From the article.

Bohannon represents a debate. No matter what he accomplishes, and it’s been a lot in his two years, compliments of him usually are couched with a steady criticism – he’s not a point guard.

I joked Tuesday that he must enjoy being asked about it. He told me it’s funny. Then he went on to say that he often begins his day with someone questioning him on social media.

“You gotta love it. It gets me going,” he said.
Good find. And as I said I’m not disagreeing that there were haters, was merely pointing out that there were supporters as well.

I like that he uses the haters to motivate him.

Terrible bump, when I read the thread title my heart skipped a beat.

Better? :)

200.gif

Latest posts