Iowa Announces Jordan Bohannon Will Miss Rest of Season After Hip Surgery

It seems like he made the right move. Get it fixed and fully rehab. Better in the long run.

See you next year......enjoy that hospital food, JBo..especially the green jello salad

Grandma%E2%80%99s-Lime-Green-Jello-Salad-Recipe-with-Cottage-Cheese-Pineapple-24.jpg

One of Jordan's brothers is on a local sports show right now. He said a security guard at Lames took Jordan's shoes after he left them on the court ..took them and threw them in a trash can. An Iowa fan still looming around after the game saw what the security guard did and grabbed the shoes out of the trash can and gave them to one of the assistant coaches at Iowa.

Toussaint-CMac-Frederick-Wieskamp-Garza...that's still a really nice starting 5. Toussaint starting actually gives us a nice boost because he can drive the lane and kick out which is something Bohannon just hasn't been able to do.

Kriener-Evelyn-Till-Pemsl off the bench isn't very strong but hopefully Fran can use timeouts and smart substitutions to keep the starters fresh without having to sit them for extended periods. Bohannon hurts a lot though since we're not deep at guard.
I keep wondering if Pat can get to a level he feels healthy and comfortable he could provide something for us off the bench. Maybe only 10-15 minutes a night but just a little more pop for us off the bench. Again there are a lot of factors there and I would certainly understand if he shut it down but it will be interesting to see on him.

Hips aren't knees, but not sure how he can ever really come back anytime soon at that level. Studies seem to indicate thought that high level athletes can recover from this.

I keep wondering if Pat can get to a level he feels healthy and comfortable he could provide something for us off the bench. Maybe only 10-15 minutes a night but just a little more pop for us off the bench. Again there are a lot of factors there and I would certainly understand if he shut it down but it will be interesting to see on him.

Patrick can still play the next 4 games and qualify for the medical redshirt. Maybe he can help get 4 more wins.

Patrick can still play the next 4 games and qualify for the medical redshirt. Maybe he can help get 4 more wins.
True. I meant for the whole way though. I doubt he’d have much of an impact in his first four games back. Again it all depends on his health and his entire career but we could certainly use him.

Wondering just what is Jbos issue? I know it is the hip and probably has been discussed before but I haven't read about it.

One of Jordan's brothers is on a local sports show right now. He said a security guard at Lames took Jordan's shoes after he left them on the court ..took them and threw them in a trash can. An Iowa fan still looming around after the game saw what the security guard did and grabbed the shoes out of the trash can and gave them to one of the assistant coaches at Iowa.

Is that the same security guard who was guarding the lockerroom when all the wallets and cellphones were stolen from the Iowa Football team or was he the one making sure band members weren't assaulted. ISU needs and upgrade there.

Good for Jordan. Absolutely the right move. You want to go through your final year healthy...he deserves that. Hopefully he comes back stronger and has a great year! Heal well.

I guess shortly after surgery on his right hip he started feeling the same pain in his left hip so went and got it checked out. His right hip was 9 out of 10 on severity and his left hip was 7 out of 10.

True. I meant for the whole way though. I doubt he’d have much of an impact in his first four games back. Again it all depends on his health and his entire career but we could certainly use him.

If he can play without furthering complications, and if he can play better than Pemsl, he will hopefully play. Even if it is just for 4 games.

(whispers) JBo wasn't playing that well this year anyway and this team may not suffer all that much...

(whispers) JBo wasn't playing that well this year anyway and this team may not suffer all that much...
I’m sure his hips affected his play, but if the game is on the line, JBO is the dude I want shooting from anywhere from 1/2 court in, even if he is in a motorized scooter.

Latest posts