Iowa Announces Jordan Bohannon Will Miss Rest of Season After Hip Surgery

Their obsession of Bohannon is crazy to me. I mean I thought Georges was a dbag but would never create a thread about him.

Seriously? It’s crazy to you? guess you missed the part where JBO trolled them in a tweet and trolled them even more and left his shoes on their court. Yeah I’m confused ‍♀️ on why they are obsessed to ! Haha

Seriously? It’s crazy to you? guess you missed the part where JBO trolled them in a tweet and trolled them even more and left his shoes on their court. Yeah I’m confused ‍♀️ on why they are obsessed to ! Haha
Another Clown lover?
After all the crap said about Iowa Basketball by Clown fans and Clown players, we have Hawk fans on here critical of one of ours finally giving a little back.

Another Clown lover?
After all the crap said about Iowa Basketball by Clown fans and Clown players, we have Hawk fans on here critical of one of ours finally giving a little back.

Really bro you took what I said and that’s your response??! Lmao wow!! Clown lover?!!, Critical of JBO lmao hardly bud!! I guess blubberhawk is a fitting name and reading comprehension isn’t one of your strong suits. ,

if anyone has to fucking wonder why Clown fans are fascinated with JBO right now, I mean come on now it’s not hard to see why. JBO played that fan base like a fiddle and kudos to him.

well I understand the rivalry part of it, but a lot of them are expressing pure hatred for the kid.

I get that it is his hip but what is it about his hip that would require surgery??
I'm guessing he had some type of hip impingement. Sometimes the sockets in the hips just aren't shaped perfectly and causes the ball joint to rub against it wearing the cartilage and labrum. Other times the ball isn't shaped correctly causing the impingement. These a lot of times or bilateral and will affect both sides. They can usually go in and shave the bone down the reduce the impingement if there isn't too much damage done the the soft tissue. At his age i'm guessing there wasn't too much damage and they just went in orthoscopic. Again, I have no insight to his injury but most likely educated guess.

Not surprising but still disappointing. Hopefully he gets the extra year granted and can come back to what should be a really good roster.

^^^^^^^^^ This^^^^^^^^^

Likely will be the best team Fran has put together as Iowa’s head coach. If Garza returns and Nunge comes back with full strength LOOK OUT!!!

I think JB playing the 10 games not only helped the W-L record but it gave JT more time to transition from high school. That’s basically a third of the season where he could settle in and learn.

Totally agree with this! You could just see Joe growing in this last game. If he can hit the fifteen to eighteen foot jump shot he is going to to dangerous. He was wide open the whole game but decided to distribute the ball the the more senior players.

What people really fail to realize in all of this... for Jordan's first 2 seasons -all he heard Iowa and Iowa State fans say that he wasn't good enough. People said and tweeted horrible shit at him. Our own fans have been wanting to recruit over him since the day he arrived. That's fuel. This leaving the shoes shit, the smack talk on twitter.... well, what goes around comes around... the haters drove this bus.

What people really fail to realize in all of this... for Jordan's first 2 seasons -all he heard Iowa and Iowa State fans say that he wasn't good enough. People said and tweeted horrible shit at him. Our own fans have been wanting to recruit over him since the day he arrived. That's fuel. This leaving the shoes shit, the smack talk on twitter.... well, what goes around comes around... the haters drove this bus.
I wonder what @proudhawkfan21 thinks... :D

Human nature. And what he was doing was in good fun. Would I like it if a Cyclone did it to us? Of course not but so what. Is what it is. He and Naz going back and for was all in good fun anyway.

I disagree with this partially. While there were definitely haters on twitter and elsewhere that isn’t the only thing JBo heard. Jbo is and has been beloved by many true hawkeye fans throughout his career. He was an all big ten freshman player, hit that game winner at Wisconsin. He’s had plenty of supporters too.

Now using the haters as motivation that’s great and a good thing to do, but making it sound like everyone was bagging on him is not accurate in my opinion.

I disagree with this partially. While there were definitely haters on twitter and elsewhere that isn’t the only thing JBo heard. Jbo is and has been beloved by many true hawkeye fans throughout his career. He was an all big ten freshman player, hit that game winner at Wisconsin. He’s had plenty of supporters too.

Now using the haters as motivation that’s great and a good thing to do, but making it sound like everyone was bagging on him is not accurate in my opinion.

Really? Is that really how you feel? But it seems like a shaky memory at best and if you don't feel that way, that's fine, but I guess I just remember his first 2 seasons a lot differently from the majority of fan aspect. Jordan was a fall back. We didn't land Ullis. He couldn't guard, too slow - Fran can't recruit a point guard. We need a point guard. Jordan's not a point guard.... it was thing. The fact that we had to play him was a direct look at why Fran hasn't been successful. I know because I spent those years defending the kid tooth and nail on this site and every where in general. Now, all of those things may have been true, but I also felt that his O game and shooting made up for it. People wanted him benched for half his career.... mostly because he couldn't defend or penetrate.

I will say this, national perception - LOVES Jbo. He's hasn't been slighted there nearly as much. The peeps that vote for things like all conference, they recognize the game.... it was mostly our own fan base and Iowian's in general.... ie, ISU fans and students, Iowa fans.... etc. Rob and Bru discussed just that on the last hoops cast fwiw.

Latest posts