Iowa Announces Jordan Bohannon Will Miss Rest of Season After Hip Surgery

Not surprising but still disappointing. Hopefully he gets the extra year granted and can come back to what should be a really good roster.

Best of luck to him on the surgery and a full recovery. Cannot wait to see him lead the pack next year!

He doesn't have to rush his rehab on this one. He can take the full nine months if necessary.

What we need is someone who can step up and hit clutch shots and free throws. That's where JBo's loss will be felt the most.
Agree that’s our biggest loss. He was only going to give us FTs this year if he tried to gut it out.

Curious as to the "why" he needs a second operation on the other hip? Is that relatively common to happen? Was it a result of him rushing back to the court or something that happened during rehab?

Hopefully Iowa can keep everyone together next year. They could still make the dance this year and if everyone comes back they'll be a preseason top 20 for sure.

I hope that Evelyn starts vs. Cincinnati. I like the energy Jolt of Toussaint coming off of the bench and we need Kriener in his current role keeping the "second team" rolling. We have two games to figure it out before the B1G resumes.

Pretty awesome that Jbo helped us get to the 8-3 mark with some quality wins. I’m excited to see him back at full strength next year.

It’s now officially time to take the training wheels off Joe Toussaint and see what he can do which is exciting as well. He’s played pretty well thus far but he will take some lumps as well. He provides the ability to get into the lane off the dribble which we really haven’t seen much of in the Fran era.

I hope that Evelyn starts vs. Cincinnati. I like the energy Jolt of Toussaint coming off of the bench and we need Kriener in his current role keeping the "second team" rolling. We have two games to figure it out before the B1G resumes.
While I understand wanting to keep a strong bench Evelyn has done nothing to suggest he deserves a starting spot. He also hasn’t played much at all at PG this year. That’s just not realistic I don’t think.

While I understand wanting to keep a strong bench Evelyn has done nothing to suggest he deserves a starting spot. He also hasn’t played much at all at PG this year. That’s just not realistic I don’t think.
My thinking is that, if a game starts going south we need someone to make a difference off of the bench. I just don't see Evelyn being that difference-maker like Baer was last year. That role is very important.

I think JB playing the 10 games not only helped the W-L record but it gave JT more time to transition from high school. That’s basically a third of the season where he could settle in and learn.
Totally agree. There were certainly games where I wanted more Toussaint, but overall I think Fran and Co are doing a good job of bringing him up to speed at a manageable pace. Now it’s full go because we really don’t have many other options. I think Toussaint is ready for the challenge and has a good understanding of how this team likes to play on offense. On defense he’s a huge upgrade as long as he can stay out of foul trouble. He was so good against Iowa State sans that bad two play stretch in the second half. Think he had like 6 points, 4 assists in like 15 minutes and should have had another assist where Kriener botched the dunk attempt.

He doesn't have to rush his rehab on this one. He can take the full nine months if necessary.

What we need is someone who can step up and hit clutch shots and free throws. That's where JBo's loss will be felt the most.

Agreed. He was biggest factor in the TTech win.

Curious as to the "why" he needs a second operation on the other hip? Is that relatively common to happen? Was it a result of him rushing back to the court or something that happened during rehab?

Hopefully Iowa can keep everyone together next year. They could still make the dance this year and if everyone comes back they'll be a preseason top 20 for sure.

I think he always needed surgery on both hips but did the worst one first in hopes he could play through the second. That's somewhat speculation on my part though.

To be successful Iowa has to keep at least 2 scorers on the floor when CJF, JW or LG need a rest. If Garza is out they both need to be on the floor with Kreiner. Cmac is going to have to spell CJF and JW even if he is undersized. Evelyn is going to have to spell CMac to play the off guard. JT minutes have to go up there isn't anyway to get around it.

Toussaint-CMac-Frederick-Wieskamp-Garza...that's still a really nice starting 5. Toussaint starting actually gives us a nice boost because he can drive the lane and kick out which is something Bohannon just hasn't been able to do.

Kriener-Evelyn-Till-Pemsl off the bench isn't very strong but hopefully Fran can use timeouts and smart substitutions to keep the starters fresh without having to sit them for extended periods. Bohannon hurts a lot though since we're not deep at guard.

Latest posts