Iowa and BTT 4 Seed

WindsorHawk

Here are multiple scenarios that get Iowa the 4 seed. All assume Iowa wins out...14-6 I see no path to the 4 seed with another loss.

Maryland loses 2 - @ PSU, MI and MN
And
Wisconsin loses 2 - @ NW, @ IN, PSU, IA and @ OSU

Michigan loses 3 - @ MN, MSU, @ MD and @ MSU
And
Wisconsin loses 1 (or more)

Michigan finishes ahead of MSU
And
Wisconsin loses 1 and Maryland loses 2

I am cheering against Michigan, Maryland and Wisconsin every game. By the time Michigan plays at Maryland it should be clear who we want to win.

Here are multiple scenarios that get Iowa the 4 seed. All assume Iowa wins out...14-6 I see no path to the 4 seed with another loss.

Maryland loses 2 - @ PSU, MI and MN
And
Wisconsin loses 2 - @ NW, @ IN, PSU, IA and @ OSU

Michigan loses 3 - @ MN, MSU, @ MD and @ MSU
And
Wisconsin loses 1 (or more)

Michigan finishes ahead of MSU
And
Wisconsin loses 1 and Maryland loses 2
Cumulative chances of that happening...

0% + 0% + 0% = 0%.

yeah, it's not impossible, but it's impossible. They will get the 5-8 seed and I'm fine with it because I am heading to Chi and wanted a game on Thursday.
Staying with friends? Rooms have to be ridiculous that weekend.

yeah, it's not impossible, but it's impossible. They will get the 5-8 seed and I'm fine with it because I am heading to Chi and wanted a game on Thursday.

Agreed. Can’t wait. Love the BTT. Would prefer the 6/7 seed line so I can at least enjoy the first Thursday session with Iowa still alive.

Staying with friends? Rooms have to be ridiculous that weekend.

Hotel Palomar? https://www.hotelpalomar-chicago.com/

I have a friend that works there - with his discount, room on Thursday is $130 and Fri and Sat they are $160. We're driving since we couldn't really plan out when to be there not knowing where Iowa would finish. I've done it in under 8 before. Gonna park (hotel parking is $80 a day) at another friends house and uber into down town. Sunday is obviously St Patty's - and we'll stick around a little to see the river and such, but likely heading home early to get back.

Our record on Thursday in the conference tournament during the Lick/Fran era is 1-10.

History is not on our side, but perhaps this year the blind squirrel finds the nut.

If Minnesota gets beat tonight, Iowa will have a stranglehold on the 6 seed.

Unless Iowa runs the table and gets help or has a complete collapse thats where they're very likely to be and that is okay. You'll be the late game Thursday and hopefully with another late game on Friday to upset the 3 seed. Which I'm guessing is going to be MSU.

I'm a cheap ass; whenever I travel to an event I always stay on the periphery of the area to save on hotels. But I'm not a partier or nightlife guy so that's part of it.

I'm a cheap ass; whenever I travel to an event I always stay on the periphery of the area to save on hotels. But I'm not a partier or nightlife guy so that's part of it.

I'm a cheap ass too - I am sure the rates have probably fallen now that it's closer, but we booked over a month ago.

Then you would know hotels aren’t $400 a night

Maybe they have dropped since we booked, which was about a month ago? Honestly I don't know nor am I going to research something I don't need to. I know when we looked, with Parking and every other fee that gets tacked on, a lot of the nicer places were gonna cost close to that a night on Friday and Saturday.

I'm a cheap ass too - I am sure the rates have probably fallen now that it's closer, but we booked over a month ago.
OT, but if you're ever looking for a motel for a Hawks game, the Newton Best Western is the best dollar per value motel I've ever found in the entire country. It's an hour away from IC, but it cuts down the drive from 5 to 4 hours in the morning when heading home. I thought the price was a mistake the first time because of how clean and nice it is; my kid and I stay there every trip. It's on your route to and from so just FYI.