Iowa and BTT 4 Seed

OT, but if you're ever looking for a motel for a Hawks game, the Newton Best Western is the best dollar per value motel I've ever found in the entire country. It's an hour away from IC, but it cuts down the drive from 5 to 4 hours in the morning when heading home. I thought the price was a mistake the first time because of how clean and nice it is; my kid and I stay there every trip. It's on your route to and from so just FYI.

Nice, thanks for the tip - it is nice to split up that drive especially for the 11 am games. Typically stay at The Day's Inn (I think that's what it is) that is by The Vine and Wig and Penn just before you turn up for Carver. Not real nice - but sure is convenient for walking.

I stayed in Lombard the last time the tourney was in Chicago. Doing it again. Less than $100 a night and the hotels are clean.

There is no difference at all between the 5 seed and 6 seed as far as I'm concerned. The 4 seed and the 5 seed are going to be about the same difficulty to beat and the first round game will be very similar too. Because of that, I would much rather be the 6 seed than the 5 since the 6 seed is the last game of the night.

Here are multiple scenarios that get Iowa the 4 seed. All assume Iowa wins out...14-6 I see no path to the 4 seed with another loss.

Maryland loses 2 - @ PSU, MI and MN
And
Wisconsin loses 2 - @ NW, @ IN, PSU, IA and @ OSU

Michigan loses 3 - @ MN, MSU, @ MD and @ MSU
And
Wisconsin loses 1 (or more)

Michigan finishes ahead of MSU
And
Wisconsin loses 1 and Maryland loses 2
After watching Michigan beat Minnesota last night 2 things are pretty much a given. Michigan isn’t going to lose 3 more games. Iowa isn’t going to finish lower than 6th in the conference.

After watching Michigan beat Minnesota last night 2 things are pretty much a given. Michigan isn’t going to lose 3 more games. Iowa isn’t going to finish lower than 6th in the conference.
We could lock our seed by the Rutgers game. Now that Minnesota crapped the bed again. Of course there's still a mathematical possiblity that the Wisconsin game could be for the five seed. Time with tell.

Winning out is only winning 4 games now. It's a little more manageable. We are 3 games up on the teams behind is with 4 games to go. This next game is huge.

Agree. Lock for the 6. Possible 5. 4 is damned miracle. 7 seed equals Fran collapse.

I'm hoping we lose out and Fran gets bagged. With a "Dolph-announces-it-on-radio" kicker.
Then you’re certainly not an Iowa fan. “I hope this great bunch of guys that’s far exceeded most people’s expectations loses because I dislike the coach.”

Fran’s teams can’t win close games. But they are so can’t complain about that.

Bohannon should be at a mid major and can’t play PG. But he’s a clutch D1 player and we can win with him at the point...look ridiculous complaining about that.

Fran can’t recruit. But each of the past several seasons running he has landed a higher rated player than the year before. And Iowa’s name doesn’t appear in the countless scandals nationwide.

Dolph’s employer suspended him so I’m going to blame Fran. Next it will be Fran’s fault that it’s a cold winter.

Last edited:
Then you’re certainly not an Iowa fan. “I hope this great bunch of guys that’s far exceeded most people’s expectations loses because I dislike the coach.”

Fran’s teams can’t win close games. But they are so can’t complain about that.

Bohannon should be at a mid major and can’t play PG. But he’s a clutch D1 player and we can win with him at the point...look ridiculous complaining about that.

Fran can’t recruit. But each of the past several seasons running he has landed a higher rated player than the year before. And Iowa’s name doesn’t appear in the countless scandals nationwide.

Dolph’s employer suspended him so I’m going to blame Fran. Next it will be Fran’s fault that it’s a cold winter.
I am more of a fan than you could ever hope to be. It's why I want Fran gone. The only way that happens? Team goes into crapper. Worth it, to me, if it gets FM out of Iowa City.

I am more of a fan than you could ever hope to be. It's why I want Fran gone. The only way that happens? Team goes into crapper. Worth it, to me, if it gets FM out of Iowa City.

Buddy there is zero percent chance that happens this year. The team is likely a lock for the ncaa tournament.

How could you seriously not enjoy these last four games? There is a great core in this team that will be back next year, most reasonable fans want to support them even if they dont like Fran.

Bob: I agree Fran is the south end of a north bound horse but your WAY off in your thinking here.

lol...Wow! That's just stupid.

I guess all fan bases has these idiots.

Buddy there is zero percent chance that happens this year. The team is likely a lock for the ncaa tournament.

How could you seriously not enjoy these last four games? There is a great core in this team that will be back next year, most reasonable fans want to support them even if they dont like Fran.

I confess, this has been a very enjoyable and exciting season. It has been soured by the way the U of I and b-ball program has treated Dolph.