Iowa and BTT 4 Seed

I am more of a fan than you could ever hope to be. It's why I want Fran gone. The only way that happens? Team goes into crapper. Worth it, to me, if it gets FM out of Iowa City.
lol And is your dad stronger than my dad? What are you 9...or just spend your life acting like it?

So the unlikely journey to the coveted 4 seed and double bye.

Tuesday - Iowa wins and Indiana wins.

To be continued...I hope.

I confess, this has been a very enjoyable and exciting season. It has been soured by the way the U of I and b-ball program has treated Dolph.

U of i over did and now some fans are over reacting about the punishment. Some, not saying you, care about the drama rather than the games themself. Hate that this has to distract from players having a great season.

Maryland at Penn State is a huge game. If Maryland wins, all our eggs are in the Michigan basket.

Maryland at Penn State is a huge game. If Maryland wins, all our eggs are in the Michigan basket.

So, obviously, the #4 seed is still on the table. It would seem a TON of stuff needs to happen for that to happen. What is the winning % for teams with double-bye status in BTT, I wonder? As someone pointed out elsewhere, Thursday, traditionally, hasn't treated us too well in BTT over the years.

Looking further down the road, Joe Lunardi, for one, thinks we got work to do. He has us as a seven seed, with a potential matchup against North Carolina, who is arguably the strongest two seed, in round 2.

I do not want a seven but I think bracketoligists are looking at our BTT history. Knocking off Purdue or Maryland or one of the Michigan schools in the tournament would go a long way to helping our cause. They are also looking at our 1-5 record against teams above us in the standings, so once again we could really help ourselves by returning the favor to Wisconsin.

By the way, keep in mind that I take Lunardi with a grain of salt. He has Iowa State, who just fell out of the top 25, as a five seed. He has Texas, and my favorite whipping boy Shaka Smart, as a nine! Texas does have nice non con wins but they have bad losses too. They are 15-13. But KenPom has them one spot ahead of us. KenPom still likes some middle of the road B1G teams too.

Last edited:
Looking further down the road, Joe Lunardi, for one, thinks we got work to do. He has us as a seven seed, with a potential matchup against North Carolina, who is arguably the strongest two seed, in round 2.

I do not want a seven but I think bracketoligists are looking at our BTT history. Knocking off Purdue or Maryland or one of the Michigan schools in the tournament would go a long way to helping our cause. They are also looking at our 1-5 record against teams above us in the standings, so once again we could really help ourselves by returning the favor to Wisconsin.

By the way, keep in mind that I take Lunardi with a grain of salt. He has Iowa State, who just fell out of the top 25, as a five seed. He has Texas, and my favorite whipping boy Shaka Smart, as a nine! Texas does have nice non con wins but they have bad losses too. They are 15-13. But KenPom has them one spot ahead of us. KenPom still likes some middle of the road B1G teams too.

We are projected to go 1-3 down the road too. If someone figures that record in, I can see a 7 seed.

I agree. But it’s over if we lose tonight. So I am going to update daily...as the situation evolves...until the 4 seed is officially gone. If Penn State wins tomorrow night we have a chance no matter who wins the MI at MD game.

So, obviously, the #4 seed is still on the table. It would seem a TON of stuff needs to happen for that to happen. What is the winning % for teams with double-bye status in BTT, I wonder? As someone pointed out elsewhere, Thursday, traditionally, hasn't treated us too well in BTT over the years.
If PSU & MI beat MD we just have to win out.

If MD beats MI and MSU beats MI...both are road games for MI...we just have to win out.

Someone has to lose the MD vs. MI game. So a PSU win tomorrow night gets us much closer to controlling our own destiny.

I also saw the Lunardi 7 seed this morning. But my thinking is similar to yours. His field and seeds don’t really add up to me.

I also saw the Lunardi 7 seed this morning. But my thinking is similar to yours. His field and seeds don’t really add up to me.
Yes, still have to play the games regardless of seed. Wisconsin got screwed two years ago, got an eight, got Villanova in the second round. That didn't stop the Badgers from stunning Villanova or from nearly advancing to the elite eight. It took an amazing three pointer in overtime for Florida ro knock them out, after Schowalter sent it into overtime with a three of it's own.

If PSU & MI beat MD we just have to win out.

If MD beats MI and MSU beats MI...both are road games for MI...we just have to win out.

Someone has to lose the MD vs. MI game. So a PSU win tomorrow night gets us much closer to controlling our own destiny.

The only problem is if we end up in a 4 way tie for 3rd. That makes us the 5 seed I think.

Now this thread is dead. Iowa will almost certainly be the 6 seed. At least I know they won’t play any games during the day.