Iowa Adds Belmont F Even Brauns

Maybe Jan Jensen can develop his inside game so we can get around 14-15 pts from him!!
Not that Fran hasn't done a good job with Garza etc but he's swung and missed on big Josh and Mulvey. Jensen has really carved herself out to be quite the savant though. For folks that saw what Monica Czninano looked like when she was a freshman and then saw her develop that's just a huge wow. Clearly Monica put the work in and just worked her ass off. But Jensen could see that she could and knew how to do it. I'd take her on a mens staff in a heart beat. (That won't ever happen I know. She isn't leaving Bluders side)

It's pronounced like Evan, btw

I know, I was just having fun with it. I hope the kid has a great career with the hawks. I hope all the recruits do in all of Iowas sports teams.

What sports fan cheers against their team just because they may mot like the coach. I want nothing but the best for everyone. No one would more happier than I would if Brian figures the offense out finally.

The Hawks are definitely not a small team...Mulvey 6'11", Freeman 6'10", Brauns 6'9", Dembele 6'9", Kirkke 6'9", PMac 6'9"...you can have your opinion in regards to talent level, but definitely not a bunch of shorties...
Some of the mentioned players play a lot shorter then they are... Freeman and Brauns have a little bounce, hopefully Dembele does to. PMac seems to have lost his explosiveness with the added weight.

The Hawks are definitely not a small team...Mulvey 6'11", Freeman 6'10", Brauns 6'9", Dembele 6'9", Kirkke 6'9", PMac 6'9"...you can have your opinion in regards to talent level, but definitely not a bunch of shorties...
It'll depend who gets the mins. The Dembele kid I saw was listed at 250 lbs so he's the biggest one. I'll be curious to see his game. I know the least about him. I've at least seen some clips of Brauns and Kirkke.

Not that Fran hasn't done a good job with Garza etc but he's swung and missed on big Josh and Mulvey. Jensen has really carved herself out to be quite the savant though. For folks that saw what Monica Czninano looked like when she was a freshman and then saw her develop that's just a huge wow. Clearly Monica put the work in and just worked her ass off. But Jensen could see that she could and knew how to do it. I'd take her on a mens staff in a heart beat. (That won't ever happen I know. She isn't leaving Bluders side)

She really does have a knack for developing them. Megan G. turned into a really good women's post. What Jan clearly does is teach them to feel the pressure from the defender and they start their move almost as the ball is coming to them. They make the defenders chase as they are so quick with their moves. She really does a good job of teaching the feel of the defender and their foot quickness. The players seem to always know what hip the defender is on and they react.

Last edited:
It'll depend who gets the mins. The Dembele kid I saw was listed at 250 lbs so he's the biggest one. I'll be curious to see his game. I know the least about him. I've at least seen some clips of Brauns and Kirkke.

I missed out on this Dembele player. I need to check his story out.