Iowa Adds Belmont F Even Brauns

*I hope we come to know him as an EVEN kill type of player. ;)

*Any buddy who has run at the Belmont has got to be horse race quick right? ;)

*Maybe Brauny will be a “quicker oicker up” type of player. ;)

Let’s hope he cleans up under the basket? ;)

Last edited:
Not exactly a splashy get like the football team had last week, but the world needs good bench guys too.

Still think we are a forward short on this roster....

Not exactly a splashy get like the football team had last week, but the world needs good bench guys too.

Still think we are a forward short on this roster....
They still don't have a BIG proven 5 but they have a decent stable of bigs after adding two in the portal and 2 coming as freshmen.

They still don't have a BIG proven 5 but they have a decent stable of bigs after adding two in the portal and 2 coming as freshmen.

Fran has done well at the post positions while here at Iowa so I feel pretty comfortable at these type of positions. I would compare it to Iowa’s defensive prowess in football, very reliable, better than average..

Now the point guard position? Well……………….

Hoping this young point guard coming in will be what the doctor ordered but forgive me for being skeptical.

Comment from an interview on Sirius XM College Sports station: “That “5” is not the big lumbering type the BT puts on the floor.”
No, I can‘t recall the 5 or the interview’ee.

Brauns will Even be able to score inside

He is cobra quick when he receives the ball

No hesitation whatsoever

Snake Attack GIFs | Tenor

This is a nice get and if Even is even partially open, Brock will get him the ball

Owen Freeman and Even Brauns should get a lot of game-time experience

And be able to contribute even better next season

It's All Good, Lads

:cool:

Just watched highlights and he is a much better athlete than I thought he would be. Gets up fast, dunks it whenever he can, has good hands. Can definitely give us good minutes and if necessary man the post with Freeman and the other transfer. He doesn't shoot much, it's all posting and getting fed. Don't know if he can create his own shot.

Another undersized center. Can only hope skill level makes up for it.
“Undersized“ but good skills. Hmm. College Sports on SiriusXM refers to BT centers as “lumbering, slow guys.” Is the BT behind the curve at the 5 spot? When was the last 5 from the BT highly rated by the NBA? Even Luka,1st team all American, player of the year, superstar, has struggled to make it. And he can at least boast about his 3’s The Michigan 5 entered the portal as BT strong man and has not been touted as a great get. A muscular 6’9 guy who is an aggressive rebounder and rim protector may be the new 5. I am increasingly on board with that.

*I hope we come to know him as an EVEN kill type of player. ;)

*Any buddy who has run at the Belmont has got to be horse race quick right? ;)

*Maybe Brauny will be a “quicker oicker up” type of player. ;)

Let’s hope he cleans up under the basket? ;)
The NIL opportunities just about write themselves for the kid. Well done

If he wasnt buddies with McCaffreys does get the offer?
Yeah if I'm Nimmers and say he doesn't get that last scholly they are sitting on I'm not a happy camper. I hope that kid gets to show what he can do this yr. I don't think he should be a walk on maybe that's just me...

Yeah if I'm Nimmers and say he doesn't get that last scholly they are sitting on I'm not a happy camper. I hope that kid gets to show what he can do this yr. I don't think he should be a walk on maybe that's just me...
They need guard depth so I hope he's up to the task. I've heard very little about his progression though, he's a very good athlete I understand.

Agreed. If a splash player is convinced to come to Iowa, then you fill the scholly. Otherwise, bank it. We have enough guys to form a competitive practice and go 10+ deep if needed. I just fear we are lacking talent/firepower in the front court. But, I have thought that before and then came Luka's emergence, then one Murray twin, then the other. Next surprise talented post player, please stand up.

They need guard depth so I hope he's up to the task. I've heard very little about his progression though, he's a very good athlete I understand.
I look forward to seeing him on the floor at this level to see what he can do. I'm not going to predict that he fixes all our issues in the backcourt. But I hope he can certainly help with it

Latest posts