Iowa a better rival to Nebraska (Miller&Deace)

I'm from Omaha. That town would go berserk for every Iowa-Nebraska game. A large minority of Iowa fans there. And they would pretty much always be great games.

A few things:

-Iowa State actually forced several of those turnovers. It's not like Nebraska just dropped the football everytime....well except for the one where the NU player bobbled the ball 10 yds from the endzone and ISU recovered the ball as it rolled into the endzone.
They stripped Nebraska several times, just flat out took it away from them, so they had a hand in those 8 turnovers.

- How much more of a national following could Nebraska possibly have?
Furthermore, Iowa has a fan following in Fargo, North Dakota. If Iowa can get fans in Fargo, North Dakota then you know they're all over the place. Also Nebraska fans are sparse up there, at least from what I've seen. Nebraska doesn't have Chicago. Nebraska never had 50,000 fans at the Orange Bowl in all the years they went down there. So how could they possibly have a much bigger national following? Because they won some friggin national titles, and their alumni remembered?

There's a difference between nationally "recognized" and nationally "followed".
NU is more recognized than Iowa because they won 5 national titles, and Iowa spent too many years in the doldrums to make a name for itself. That and most people on the East and West Coast care little for the midwestern states.
However, in terms of fans of the two teams transplanted around the country, you'd have to give me some harder numbers to convince me Nebraska has a much better national following than Iowa.

*shrugs shoulders emoticon*

I live in Nashville and I actually see quite a few more Iowa fans than Nebby fans.

So just because PSU has a greater following in Florida than we do means that they have a greater national following? I know they do, but we have more in Arizona. See the contradiction there?

Deace said something just to create an argument? Amazing.

Iowa and Nebraska are much closer in terms of the level of their football programs and would end up being a great rivalry, certainly bigger than Nebby-ISU. I do see ISU-UNI becoming a better annual matchup of two mid-majors.

Iowa v. Nebraska would be an unbelievable rivalry, and they will be in the same division.

How's this for the Big Ten west:

1. Iowa
2. Nebraska
3. Missouri
4. Wisconsin
5. Minnesota
6. Illinois
7. Northwestern

Big Ten east:

1. Notre Dame
2. Indiana
3. Purdue
4. Rutgers
5. Ohio State
6. Michigan
7. Michigan State
8. Penn State

Not bad, huh?

Iowa v. Nebraska would be an unbelievable rivalry, and they will be in the same division.

How's this for the Big Ten west:

1. Iowa
2. Nebraska
3. Missouri
4. Wisconsin
5. Minnesota
6. Illinois
7. Northwestern

Big Ten east:

1. Notre Dame
2. Indiana
3. Purdue
4. Rutgers
5. Ohio State
6. Michigan
7. Michigan State
8. Penn State

Not bad, huh?

Good stuff. Win the western division, knock off either PSU or tOSU for the conference title. I like it.

There is no way that a new Big Ten division would have Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State in it. Or at least, I don't think so.

Good stuff. Win the western division, knock off either PSU or tOSU for the conference title. I like it.

Under your scenerio:

Big-10 West = Big-XII North

Big-10 East = Big-XII South

Under your scenerio....darn glad we'd be in the West division!

There is no way that a new Big Ten division would have Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State in it. Or at least, I don't think so.

Put Michigan in the west and they can strive for "champions of the west" per their fight song.

Michigan hasn't been in the "West" since 1837. That song always annoys me. And who says they are the "leaders and best," anyway?

I agree with a lot that is being said but for the people who think that Iowa has a bigger following than Nebraska, you are on crack.