Iowa #3 in BTN Power Rankings

I expect Ruddock to have a big yr. This season could possibly be the best passing season in a very long time.

I expect Ruddock to have a big yr. This season could possibly be the best passing season in a very long time.

BTNLive is on in the background, and I think I just heard Revsine say he, "...was amazed by Ruddock" when they visited Iowa. He also mentioned that the receivers stretched the field, something that has not been seen from Iowa in years.

The more I have read, the more it seems like there is some substantial separation between him and Beathard. Hopefully their skill-sets are unique enough that they can still find a way to incorporate CJ in a manner that will help the team. I have a hard time imagining Coach Ferentz removing Ruddock in any game that isn't well in hand, however.

No doubt, Bucky has some question marks especially on D but I think Nebraska does also ... especially at QB. He's not that good. If WI played NE 10 times I think WI would go 6-4.
At least. I suspect, w/ the attrition in Lincoln, that they may have a full on meltdown by mid season. It starts at the top and works it's way down. There are some talented players there but, I think, the program is being run by coaches that are borderline unstable. How they deal w/ the adversity is going to set the tone for the entire program. Last year gave us a pretty good glimpse. They are going to be playing a bunch of talented players that have rarely, if ever, seen the field. If they have even half the injuries they saw last year then they won't even be in the discussion by mid season. I think they will have 4 losses by the time that get to Camp Randall. They loose at least two more by the time they leave Kinnick. Maybe the fact that I want to see Bo gone is clouding my vision but I am going w/ my gut on this one.

Whisky has to be feeling like Iowa right now. A lot of unanswered questions there but they are rebuilding after some success. Nobody knows what to expect.

Iowa has one position group to really worry about and perhaps that will work out like last year when a lot of fans expected the D line to be a weakness. There are some questions w/ two other groups. We are probably even odds that the D backfield will be adequate and I don't think the WRs are going to be any worse than last year. 2012 still leaves a bad taste in my mouth so I may not be optimistic enough. Anything less than 9 wins for this years model will be disappointing.

Enjoy it...Iowa will fall back as other teams roll up the scores on other teams and Iowa plods along scoring 17-21 pts a game...they just won't look sexy.

and I hope I'm wrong.

Enjoy it...Iowa will fall back as other teams roll up the scores on other teams and Iowa plods along scoring 17-21 pts a game...they just won't look sexy.

and I hope I'm wrong.

It's all subjective at this point. We'll know more after week 1, even more after week 2 and so on. I love the hype, but so many Iowa teams have looked good on paper and have had good (not great) seasons.

word is that they are resurfacing kinnick stadium field with paper...since the hawks look so good on paper.

...And bitmap, I think your take on Nebraska might be mostly wishful thinking.
You might be correct, I really don't like Pellini and want him to fail, but they have 14 new starters this year. Some saw action last year because of all the injuries but it is, overall, a pretty inexperienced group. They have pretty much zero experience behind these guys so any injuries will really expose them - especially on the D-line. Their secondary looks a lot like ours and they return two starters at LB. 2013 showed us that Bo and Co. don't deal well w/ attrition on the lines. Abdullah may be the best back in the conference but w/o a line to run behind they will be pretty one dimensional unless Armstrong grows some legs.

Whisky has Barry's consistency. I don't have anything concrete on the Badgers to make a point - just that my gut tells me the Badgers will beat the Huskers.

I expect a great season capped off by another destruction of little red that finally kicks their insane coach out on the street.

On one of the shows I watched this summer they didn't even have Jake in the top 5 for best QBs in the BIG.

Well here we are late 1st quarter and Iowa has only 24 points against a DII team.... Was the 2009 UNI game like this?

Latest posts