Iowa 16, ISU 24 in first CFP Poll

I would like to think we will have at least one more chance for a statement win. I am hoping it will be on Dec 1st.

Must win at Purdue, though. Not sure how we will cover Rondale Moore.
LB. Definitely a LB.

;)

I don't know what JKC means...

But, I didn't say anybody sucked or was shitty. I said there's a lot of parity this year, and being in the Top-25 right now is not a huge accomplishment.

Also, if you look at the list, you'll see 3 teams w/ 3 losses. Mississippi State is #18, at 5-3? Like I said, parity (there were no 3-loss teams in the first CFP rankings last year).
Just the opposite. If there’s a dog pile it’s best to be at the top of the dog pile. Hawks are in the middle of the pile.

Well... he ended up being right, didn’t he?

LOL, no. You seriously think getting punked in a bowl game means you are a "fake ID?" All you need to do is look at the playoff games since they started. Here are some of the playoff games scores:

59-20
37-17
38-0
31-0
24-7
24-6
42-20

Of the 12 total playoff games played over half of them one team is just getting bitch slapped. It happens all the time, and even more so in bowl games.

I’m pissed they lost those games too. Especially the PSU game because that means they didn’t learn from the Wisconsin game.

But I’m talking about the hater-Hawk fans who say very little to nothing for props when the Hawks Win and can’t shut up when the Hawks lose.

You know who they are, don’t you?
Yes, I just think anyone who wastes their time on this site is likely a hawk fan though, just maybe not the type of fan that others would be. We all have watched every game from the time we were little and just react to the bad losses differently. Some accept mediocrity while others can’t take it and there are extremes on both sides much like politics.

Yes, I just think anyone who wastes their time on this site is likely a hawk fan though, just maybe not the type of fan that others would be. We all have watched every game from the time we were little and just react to the bad losses differently. Some accept mediocrity while others can’t take it and there are extremes on both sides much like politics.

Well here's the deal.
We are good (pretty good) when we are good.
We are not playoff good (I don't think.....yet).
Next year should be pretty fun. (Harder schedule....... bigger the opportunity).
This year, let's finish strong and get a win in a quality bowl.
Thats definitely better than NY in the winter.

Leave it better than you found it.

I remember when not accepting mediocrity was a big narrative in Nebraska. Finally, they got their wish. Now the ones left anyway are preaching patience, small steps forward and stability.

Last edited:
Yes, I just think anyone who wastes their time on this site is likely a hawk fan though, just maybe not the type of fan that others would be.
i find it difficult to define someone as a fan of a team when they are heard bitching on players and envying on coaches after losses and not a word or barely a whisper after wins.

I’ll go out on a limb and say that these hater-Hawk fans are mediocre people in life.

i find it difficult to define someone as a fan of a team when they are heard bitching on players and envying on coaches after losses and not a word or barely a whisper after wins.

I’ll go out on a limb and say that these hater-Hawk fans are mediocre people in life.

That's what I have been trying to say, there is enough faults in the two losses for everyone.
Dropped passes? Check
Bad throws? Check
Bad o line play? Check
Blown coverage or out of position? Check
Play calling? Check

We can deal with a few at a time, but not all or close to all in the same game.
I hate to say it, but we need to clean some things up.
But we are coming into the part of the schedule that is optimal for that. But work they must, because we win out and we will get a good bowl (remember Iowa is almost always the underdog in bowls).
So we will be playing a pretty good team in the bowls if we win out.

That's what I have been trying to say, there is enough faults in the two losses for everyone.
Dropped passes? Check
Bad throws? Check
Bad o line play? Check
Blown coverage or out of position? Check
Play calling? Check

We can deal with a few at a time, but not all or close to all in the same game.
I hate to say it, but we need to clean some things up.
yep.

I wrote in another thread that there’s only 3 teams that Iowa (probably) can’t beat.

Alabama
Clemson and
Iowa

We’re 0-2 against the last on that list

yep.

I wrote in another thread that there’s only 3 teams that Iowa (probably) can’t beat.

Alabama
Clemson and
Iowa

I would say when we are good (OSU last year type game) we could give Bama and Clemson a game.

yep.

Alabama
Clemson and
Iowa

I’m not so sure we couldn’t beat Clemson if the stars aligned. I watched them play Syracuse and it wasn’t all that impressive.

I’m not so sure we couldn’t beat Clemson if the stars aligned. I watched them play Syracuse and it wasn’t all that impressive.
We can fucking beat anybody, on any given day .........

Oh wait, it's Iowa, ha ha, how quickly I forget......love the kids, not the staff, so much

I believe that the Hawks could be 8-0 right now, but they could also be 4-4 as well. Our passing game needs to settle down, and while I appreciate the fact that the flow of the game can be unpredictable, the coaching staff needs to look at time and field position before trying something that could be..... what am I looking for,.....disingenuous to our purpose??!! The Hawks have at times looked brilliant and spectacular, and then looked inept and lackadaisical in the same series. The Hawks have the ability to play with anyone in the conference, and at times, with anyone in the country,... but until they find the consistency, we will never know what is to come week to week. And I close with this, we have not seen what this Iowa team is capable of when both the run and pass game is on target..... I think that we will see this against Purdue............ I hope.......If not........defending Pinstripe bowl champions?

makes you wonder...what if?

yep, what if we actually beat a good team when it really matters instead of losing to every good team when it really matters. We did our best Iowa State impression last year against Ohio State. I guess that was our super bowl game last year.