Iowa +1/2 @ Maryland

If Iowa is that far ahead of the rest then wouldn’t there be no doubt Iowa beats them?

Without a doubt this is Iowa’s hardest game on the schedule. Even at the beginning of the year you could see that. This Maryland team is stacked! They have the talent and Iowa has teamwork…Iowa can win this one if they play like they did in the first MSU game.

My prediction is Iowa has lead in the last two minutes and struggles to close.

I hope i am wrong because i will gladly eat crow.
1. Home court advantage
2. Anything can happen on one night

To beat Iowa, I think you have to score at minimum 80 points. I don't think Maryland can do that unless Melo goes for 30+. Woodbury will hold his own as always. Uthoff is versatile enough to matchup with Carter. Layman could cause problems, but it's hard to make an impact when you're relegated to the corner. More touches for Sulaimon means less good shots created by Trimble and more poor shots/TO's. There bench has offered little offensively.

I don't think it's crazy to suggest we could lose a close game on the road at all. Maryland might have figured some things out after MSU. I just don't think it's likely.

It probably looks like a no-brainer to pick Maryland considering the spread. Top 10 teams at home are viewed as locks with few exceptions. Iowa hasn't had enough time to build good will with the general public (collapse two years ago didn't help) so people are probably skeptical if we'll keep this up. The same thing happened before we beat MSU at the Breslin Center when we were 10 point dogs.

I think if it was Kentucky, Kansas, etc. that was playing this well, the casual fan would probably feel a little differently. I don't think people have grasped how far ahead we are of the rest of the B1G yet.

Maryland might beat us tonight. You never know. Iowa is playing way too focused right now though. I can't pick against them.

We could lose tonight. But we have to lose by 6 for anyone to get paid. And that's only happened once this year...in November...when playing on back to back days...without much bench help at the time.

Notre Dame at Syracuse is the only other game of substance in our time slot. There will be a lot of people tuned in for Iowa vs. Maryland. I have to assume the coach that voted us 14th won't be watching...obviously doesn't watch any games.

Iowa's schedule has been really strange this year. Constant Sunday games when everyones watching the NFL instead and no "Big Monday" games which is usually the highlight of the CBB week. I'm assuming its because they weren't projected to make the splash they have been this year.

Unfortunately Iowa doesn't have another Saturday game until the end of February @Ohio State.

Alright ... let's just get this out there, right now ... Vegas knows who the refs are and are expecting Iowa to get screwed. It's the only thing that can explain a 6 point spread between such closely matched, high-caliber teams.

Iowa's schedule has been really strange this year. Constant Sunday games when everyones watching the NFL instead and no "Big Monday" games which is usually the highlight of the CBB week. I'm assuming its because they weren't projected to make the splash they have been this year.

Unfortunately Iowa doesn't have another Saturday game until the end of February @Ohio State.

Tonight's game was originally on ESPNU and got moved to ESPN. Notre Dame vs. Syracuse was bumped to ESPN2...not much different than ESPN. But I'm glad we're not on ESPNU.

I enjoy the BTN announcers the most. They cover our conference and know what they're talking about the majority of the time. But I like the ESPN exposure of course.

Alright ... let's just get this out there, right now ... Vegas knows who the refs are and are expecting Iowa to get screwed. It's the only thing that can explain a 6 point spread between such closely matched, high-caliber teams.

Vegas odds have nothing to do with the talent on the floor, whether officials or players. Vegas odds have everything to do with money. If there's a lot coming in on one team, the spread gets larger so people will start putting money on the other team.

The 6 point spread means that most of the money is coming in on a Maryland win.

GO HAWKS!!!

Well Dan Dakich is announcing the Iowa/Maryland game tonight, so I'm not sure how that bodes for the Hawks. :)

Due to lose one means no team is going to continue to win every game against high quality competition, especially on the road. If this was not the case I guess there'd be several teams with 80+ game winning streaks intact.

Well, using your flawed logic, Maryland hasn't lost a B1G home game yet so they are DUE and it happens TONIGHT!!!!