Iowa +1/2 @ Maryland

If i were a betting man, I would put it on Maryland, but that being said, I am not touching it. Iowa is hot, ya know!

I'm not betting on this game, but I would take Maryland. Its just way too hard to run the entire big ten schedule, you have to lose eventually. Last year Wisconsin lost 2 big ten games and one was @Maryland.

This is about exactly as I feel about tomorrow's game. We COULD / CAN win it, but we're about due to lose one. Maryland looks real good at home to me when I've checked them out. We'll see. That's the bad news...the good news is we can actually afford a loss at this juncture imo. Get this game, the game @ Michigan, and @ Indiana out of the way, take care of business the rest of them, and it's solo B10 reg. season champions!! Sweet!

Sagarin has Iowa 3 points better on a neutral court. 3-1/2 points for home court. Line sounds about right to me.

Pressure is on Maryland and Iowa has been very good on the road the last two years. If the line is +3 right now, I'd take Iowa. Hawks win this one and they are going to be tough to catch.

Being due to lose one isn't a thing. That's gambler's fallacy

Due to lose one means no team is going to continue to win every game against high quality competition, especially on the road. If this was not the case I guess there'd be several teams with 80+ game winning streaks intact.

Due to lose one means no team is going to continue to win every game against high quality competition, especially on the road. If this was not the case I guess there'd be several teams with 80+ game winning streaks intact.

Huh?

Your chances of winning each individual game are not affected by the # of games in a row you've won. You're just as "due" to lose after one win as you are after fifteen. "Due to lose" is just superstitious nonsense.

Wow, the line keeps moving towards Maryland. That means a lot of people don't have confidence that Iowa can pull this off. Bet on Iowa and perhaps buy down the points to +5 or +6, Iowa might lose this game but it should be a close game.

eh I'll watch where the late money goes. Seems like the public betting up Maryland right now. I still won't bet this game though...unless Iowa gets like +8 or something

Maryland by 5 now. Money seems to be on Maryland tonight

I've been watching the line move. It was 4 an hour ago. It's now 5 everywhere but MGM (4.5) and Wynn (5.5). I don't have a place to bet this game if I was so inclined. But I would take Iowa without hesitation.

Sagarin has Maryland by 1.5. So Iowa is getting 3.5 points more than they should be. Iowa is 10-6 against the spread this year. We are 7-3 straight up against the RPI top 50. We won by 7 at Purdue and 17 at Michigan State. We lost at Iowa State by 1. Our 3 losses have come by a combined 12 points. Only one team has beaten us by more than 5 all year and that was Notre Dame by 6 back in November.

Maryland is 4-7 against the spread in their 11 home games. Maryland is 0-3 straight up against the RPI top 50.

Let Trimble get his, but don't let him let others get theirs - that's the key to the game.

It probably looks like a no-brainer to pick Maryland considering the spread. Top 10 teams at home are viewed as locks with few exceptions. Iowa hasn't had enough time to build good will with the general public (collapse two years ago didn't help) so people are probably skeptical if we'll keep this up. The same thing happened before we beat MSU at the Breslin Center when we were 10 point dogs.

I think if it was Kentucky, Kansas, etc. that was playing this well, the casual fan would probably feel a little differently. I don't think people have grasped how far ahead we are of the rest of the B1G yet.

Maryland might beat us tonight. You never know. Iowa is playing way too focused right now though. I can't pick against them.

It probably looks like a no-brainer to pick Maryland considering the spread. Top 10 teams at home are viewed as locks with few exceptions. Iowa hasn't had enough time to build good will with the general public (collapse two years ago didn't help) so people are probably skeptical if we'll keep this up. The same thing happened before we beat MSU at the Breslin Center when we were 10 point dogs.

I think if it was Kentucky, Kansas, etc. that was playing this well, the casual fan would probably feel a little differently. I don't think people have grasped how far ahead we are of the rest of the B1G yet.

Maryland might beat us tonight. You never know. Iowa is playing way too focused right now though. I can't pick against them.

Iowa is number 1 right now. But I don't see them as running away from the pack.

If Iowa is that far ahead of the rest then wouldn’t there be no doubt Iowa beats them?

Without a doubt this is Iowa’s hardest game on the schedule. Even at the beginning of the year you could see that. This Maryland team is stacked! They have the talent and Iowa has teamwork…Iowa can win this one if they play like they did in the first MSU game.

My prediction is Iowa has lead in the last two minutes and struggles to close.

I hope i am wrong because i will gladly eat crow.

If Iowa is that far ahead of the rest then wouldn’t there be no doubt Iowa beats them?

Without a doubt this is Iowa’s hardest game on the schedule. Even at the beginning of the year you could see that. This Maryland team is stacked! They have the talent and Iowa has teamwork…Iowa can win this one if they play like they did in the first MSU game.

My prediction is Iowa has lead in the last two minutes and struggles to close.

I hope i am wrong because i will gladly eat crow.

I agree that if Iowa loses its because they couldn't close. It's kinda hard to lose by 5 in a game you lose by not closing.